Home

2010 FIFA World Cup vs. FIFA 10 (Videogamer)

This is a discussion on 2010 FIFA World Cup vs. FIFA 10 (Videogamer) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2010, 05:56 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
2010 FIFA World Cup vs. FIFA 10 (Videogamer)

FIFA World Cup 2010 has all the glitz and glamor of the biggest international sporting event of the year, but does it have what it takes to beat EA's own FIFA 10? Videogamer put together a case for both games to help you decide which game you should buy.

Quote:
"Loads of improvements have been made to the already-brilliant FIFA 10 game engine for World Cup. Most of them you won't notice. But there are some key tweaks that combine to make a massive difference. Keepers are more likely to stay on their line in one-on-one situations, making scoring from chip shots much harder. Players now control lofted through balls without losing momentum. And there are new shot types. In short, World Cup plays a more fluid, responsive game of virtual footie."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2010, 10:32 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
After putting some time into World Cup, it indeed plays a better game/looks better. This article basically sums it up: want more options, more teams, 10v10 online play? Get FIFA.

And actually, it is a little startling they didn't include the 10v10 online play in World Cup.

Also: remove all music from the EA Sports Trax playlist and only play "Waving Flag." You'll thank me.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:22 PM   #3
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup vs. FIFA 10 (Videogamer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addybojangles
After putting some time into World Cup, it indeed plays a better game/looks better.
I agree. the gameplay alone make it worth it to me.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:33 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

World Cup definitely has it's advantages... and with the improvments made to the gameplay it is worth a full 60 bucks. I will still play FIFA every once in a while at least until the European leagues are done.

I really like the online World Cup, but I have a question, when you get to the knockout stages do you play only people in the KO stage? What's the science behind all of this?
Old 04-29-2010, 04:39 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagnant
World Cup definitely has it's advantages... and with the improvments made to the gameplay it is worth a full 60 bucks. I will still play FIFA every once in a while at least until the European leagues are done.

I really like the online World Cup, but I have a question, when you get to the knockout stages do you play only people in the KO stage? What's the science behind all of this?
Agreed. The improvements all around are going to make going back to FIFA 10 very difficult.

The online World Cup matches you up with people who are at the same stage in the tournament as you. If you're in a knockout stage, so is your opponent.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »