Home

NCAA Football 11: Making a Monument - TCF Bank Stadium

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11: Making a Monument - TCF Bank Stadium within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2010, 10:24 PM   #33
Rookie

NDFan1029's Arena

OVR: 2
The fans have been my biggest gripe with this game since it first came to the next-gen consoles. If they could get realistic crowds the way we see them in all of the NBA games, I would pay double the price for the game and be a buyer every year. There really is no excuse for there having been literally no improvements to the fans since this game was first created. There have been 2D fans in games since the PS1 days...no reason for a next-gen console to have the same limited amount of detail.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:29 PM   #34
Rookie

NDFan1029's Arena

Backbreaker has the luxury of taking 4 years to develop because none of their rosters or teams are based off of real teams, so they never change. That's why theirs is so much better looking on the field AND in the crowd.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:30 PM   #35
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: A look at TCF Bank Stadium In-game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markees007
The show has excellent fans.
I wouldn't say that. You can really tell it's about 12 different models. All of the like models do the same animation at the same time. It looks really bad at times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2010, 10:49 PM   #36
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: NCAA Football 11: Making a Monument - TCF Bank Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDFan1029
Backbreaker has the luxury of taking 4 years to develop because none of their rosters or teams are based off of real teams, so they never change. That's why theirs is so much better looking on the field AND in the crowd.
Rosters have nothing to do with the lack of fans in NCAA. BB is a football game too you know, they are rendering the same 22 guys out there, along with some crazy lighting effects and graphics. They are able to get 3D fans for 190,000 fan stadiums (no joke) because they are using some form of tech that EA obviously isn't willing to go out of their way to get. EA has been and probalby always will be focused on doing it themselves, which unfortunately is usually lackluster.

Anything 3D would be a lot better than the 2D mosh pit crowds we have now, even if its 4 models doing the same thing.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:00 PM   #37
Rookie

fifa world cup has nice pretty good looking fans imo. also the announcers and crowd do a good job of recognizing when a big play is happening such as a goal almost being scored hitting off the post, the crowd loudens and the announcer is raising his voice and getting all excited. We need this more in NCAA during big plays and in crucial times of the game.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:20 PM   #38
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

regardless, is this what it's come to? arguing and complaining about fans?! really?
Old 04-29-2010, 11:31 PM   #39
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
regardless, is this what it's come to? arguing and complaining about fans?! really?
I really don't understand why you people keep coming into threads and deeming certain topics stupid to argue about. Face it, a game cannot be enjoyable without every aspect, big or small. I'm not saying the gameplay is perfect, or whatever you are trying to deem more important. The topic on my mind now is how fans look, and they look bad, so I'm going to voice my opinion like I'm entitled to. The game would be more enjoyable for me and many people if the fans actually looked good. I mean, they have the stadiums looking really freaking good, yet they put these 8 pixel 2D mosh pit crowds in them which really just brings down the look of the game.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:41 PM   #40
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Man, it must be April/May, because you all have sure run out of things to talk about.

With all the problems this game has, the fact that we are having an argument about fans and how they look, and the fact that said argument is spanning multiple threads is, in my opinion, ridiculous.

Last edited by mrprice33; 04-29-2010 at 11:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »