Home

NCAA Football 11 Q&A: Designer Talks Playbooks, Blocking (ESPN Videogames)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Q&A: Designer Talks Playbooks, Blocking (ESPN Videogames) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2010, 10:51 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: NCAA Football 11 Q&A: Designer Talks Playbooks, Blocking (ESPN Videogames)

Quote:
...the results for this early in the cycle simply blew me away.

If EA Sports keeps on track from what I just played, we could be talking about a classic.
Those are some pretty big words..
Old 04-30-2010, 10:53 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: NCAA Football 11 Article: Designer Talks playbooks, blocking (ESPN Videogames)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
Really? I remember hearing every year that this year's version of the game is the best ever put out...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
we've been over this. last year's reviews didn't say anything close to that and certainly didn't praise the game like we're hearing so far this year.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:20 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 30
Re: NCAA Football 11 Article: Designer Talks playbooks, blocking (ESPN Videogames)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Love what I'm seeing so far!!!

I'm still waiting to see what PS3 will look like because after all the nice vids that have been showcased in previous years, PS3 gamers quickly find out after buying that the smooth and vivid looks are from the 360 version. Please don't try and sell to me there's little difference between 720p and 1080p, because there is. With the PS3 version, colors aren't as crisp and sharp as the 360. So it would be nice to see what PS3 gamers are going to get, especially if presentation is going to be on of the big selling points.

It would be nice to what EA games would look like in 1080p for the PS3.

The blocking is awsome, I just wish the collision blocking would be more like the collision of runner/tackler and more guys hitting the ground (esp. OL vs LB's/DB's--smaller players getting mashed by OL happens alot) .

The blocking on the option is good to, but the animattion that would fit perfect would be last years leg tackle animation were the runners feet would be in the air. The crackback or cut-block is pivital to option blocking vs the drive block that's in all the vids so far.

I'm still buying to satisfy my itch for college footabll.
While I love 1080p, I just want EA to go deeper into the PS3 power but of course they won't. I don't know if they have 2 different teams to work on PS3/360 games but if they don't, they should yet I know current gen dev costs could prevent this. Playing to the strengths of each system would be a plus, especially for the PS3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
we've been over this. last year's reviews didn't say anything close to that and certainly didn't praise the game like we're hearing so far this year.
That's him and it isn't going to change. He's more of a critic than anything. I think in light of the fact that MULTIPLE sights are reaping praise on this game, the forever pessimistic mindset of many will never come to grips like how my boy STILL thinks Dr. J is the greatest of all time and used to constantly crap on Jordan. Lol.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:36 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 19
In a nutshell Trey, that's what I'm saying. I'm just wondering when the PS3 will be able to display the beauty and concept of movement of their new gamees. Also, with PSN being free and Xbox Live charging along with 360's still having issues, at some point , there will be a transition.

I'm curious when/if we might get a visual of the crowd to see what advancements have been made to go along with the other visual upgrades
Old 04-30-2010, 11:48 PM   #21
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConVick
Hoping to have a game I can play till the season ends. The past 2 NCAA games I owned were done by September

Yep, October for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2010, 11:51 PM   #22
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
In a nutshell Trey, that's what I'm saying. I'm just wondering when the PS3 will be able to display the beauty and concept of movement of their new gamees. Also, with PSN being free and Xbox Live charging along with 360's still having issues, at some point , there will be a transition.

I'm curious when/if we might get a visual of the crowd to see what advancements have been made to go along with the other visual upgrades
At this point, I could care less if the PS3 version looks better....I just want them to at least be equal.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:42 AM   #23
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

It's becoming harder and harder to resist being hyped this year.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-01-2010, 12:51 AM   #24
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Yea it is looking better and better by the week. I wonder what they will show us next week. Can't wait.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »