Home

UFC 2010 Undisputed Developer Q&A: Post Demo

This is a discussion on UFC 2010 Undisputed Developer Q&A: Post Demo within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2010, 10:02 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
UFC 2010 Undisputed Developer Q&A: Post Demo

UFC 2010 Undisputed's Facebook page has been updated with an interview from Omar Kendall, lead developer of the game.

Quote:
Q: "But how do you do those "mini transitions" I would call them. Anytime I use the LS he moves the guy on the floor. the RS is for transitions and when I punch I get stood up after a while. Tried looking at the action list but got nada."

A: "We call those mini transitions Posturing. To Posture, simply hold the Left Stick/Left Analog left or right while in any of the advantaged positions. Note that while in a Down position (Open Guard Down, Half Guard Down, or Mount Down – you can tell these positions because the fighter on the bottom wraps his arms around the top fighter's head and neck), you cannot Posture up, and the ref will come in and stand you up after a while if you don't move to a better position."
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2010, 10:59 PM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: UFC 2010 Undisputed Developer Q&A: Post Demo

Some good stuff right here.

Quote:
Anyone know how to switch submissions when attempting one? ex: Kimora attempt and switch to an armbar, cuz i know u can do it..just haven't figured it out yet
First, it's important to remember that Submission Switching is both fighter and submission specific; not all fighters have them, and not all submissions can be switched once initiated. Consult your fighter's Action List (available in the pause menu) to see which Submission Switches are available to him. Second, Submission Switches are performed by holding the Technique button (either L1 for PS3 or LB for 360) and pressing in on the Right Stick/Right Analog.

Does anybody know how to do slams with Rampage? All I can pull off is the suplex.
Slams from the Clinch are performed exactly like Ground Transitions; use either a Minor Transition, Major Transition, or Technique Transition motion to perform slams. Check your Action List to see which Positions offer slams!

How come I can't finish a submission? I twirl the right stick over and over... am I doing something wrong?
Finishing a submission isn't an automatic thing – that would make them very powerful! The proper situation has to prevent itself, and you can create these situations yourself. My suggestion is to make sure you're in as dominant a position as you can be (like Mount), and to try to catch your opponent while he's low on Energy. Also, make sure you're fighting as a guy who's good at performing submissions – it's not likely Rampage is going to have an easy time submitting anyone!

Easiest way to sub? after you click on the stick do you still have to push on the stick while your rotating it?
See above answer for the ideal situation in which to execute a submission. You do NOT have to push on the stick while you rotate it; once a submission is initiated, just shine by rotating the right stick either clockwise or counterclockwise – it's your choice.

I thought we were supposed to be able to use the cage this year? I've tried but every time the opponent and I get close to its like there is a little wall blocking from being able to press up against the cage.
Are you sure you're playing the Undisputed 2010 demo? Just kidding. From the Clinch position, using the cage is easy. Simply hold the Left Stick/Left Analog in the direction of the cage and your fighters will move into it. Alternatively, performing a takedown near the cage will sometimes result in you and your opponent falling against it.

Does anyone know how to Triangle Choke yet?
Every fighter has different moves this year; the fighter you're using may not have the Triangle Choke. In the demo, Shogun has the Arm Triangle Choke from Side Control while Postured. In general, submissions are performed by clicking in on the Right Stick/Right Analog. Check the Action List in the pause menu for more info!

How do you reverse?
If you mean how do you reverse Transitions, it's the same as last year; flick left or right on the Right Analog/Right Stick the moment you see a Transition initiated. The timing is tricky and variable based on how good the fighter you're playing as is at reversing transitions.

Dude, when Shogun gets me in the Tai Clinch and starts kneeing me, I cannot get out of it. He blocks all my transitions.
We've completely revamped the clinch system this year, but the Thai Clinch is still extremely powerful; try to reverse his transitions, block his knees, and keep trying to transition - don't give up!

Anybody know how to get the standing Back Clinch or the Crucifix?
Back Clinch is possible any time your opponent shows his back to you; simply initiate a Clinch (flick forward on the Right Stick/Right Analog) when your opponent has his back turned, like after missing a takedown attempt. The Crucifix (which we call the Salaverry) is not a position that all fighters necessarily have, and off the top of my head I don't believe any of the demo fighters have it. Check the Action List in the pause menu to be sure!

I have it on Xbox and I can't sway.
Hold down RB and flick left, right, up, or down on the Left Stick while in the standing position.

How do you stand up?...an odd one to get stuck on.
Not odd at all , seeing as we've changed it from last year. Click in on the Left Stick/Left Analog.

But how do you do those "mini transitions" I would call them. Anytime I use the LS he moves the guy on the floor. the RS is for transitions and when I punch I get stood up after a while. Tried looking at the action list but got nada.
We call those mini transitions Posturing. To Posture, simply hold the Left Stick/Left Analog left or right while in any of the advantaged positions. Note that while in a Down position (Open Guard Down, Half Guard Down, or Mount Down – you can tell these positions because the fighter on the bottom wraps his arms around the top fighter's head and neck), you cannot Posture up, and the ref will come in and stand you up after a while if you don't move to a better position.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:26 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Some good info ... glad the Crucifix is there, should fun getting into that with Roy. Off to try some sweeps and sub switches.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:39 PM   #4
Pro

SuperChargers's Arena

OVR: 10

how do you get out of submissions? i have full stamina and they still get me every time
Old 05-02-2010, 12:42 PM   #5
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21

Spin the right stick clockwise or counter clockwise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2010, 01:30 PM   #6
Pro

SuperChargers's Arena

OVR: 10

thats my problem, i was just mashing buttons like in 09
Old 05-04-2010, 12:18 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

does spinning the RS still help prevent takedowns after someone shoots ?? ? It doesnt seem to make a difference this year - i know ratings matter but I dont stop most take downs once they are intiated - playing on expert though
Old 05-04-2010, 02:33 PM   #8
Rookie

oChaos_Nine's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrm187
does spinning the RS still help prevent takedowns after someone shoots ?? ? It doesnt seem to make a difference this year - i know ratings matter but I dont stop most take downs once they are intiated - playing on expert though
Yes, spinning the RS is supposed to help prevent the take down, but stats matter and I'm sure fatigue and health are played in. I find that if I'm more fatigued than my opponent or more beaten up than they are it's easier for them to take me down. Who are you playing against? Rashad can take me down at will at times and Machida's take down trip is almost unstoppable. I'd practice timing their take downs and holding the RS back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »