Home

Backbreaker Release Date Confirmed, June 1st for $49.99

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Release Date Confirmed, June 1st for $49.99 within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2010, 04:13 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Backbreaker Release Date Confirmed, June 1st for $49.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalsanto0026
I've lost all interest in this game. Maybe I'll change my mind once reviews and customer feedback comes in after it's release. At the moment I expect this game to get very boring very quickly.

Euphoria physics aside, this game seems pretty bare bones.
I don't know, I get the feeling it will be very refreshing.......I want to just run the ball to see what will happen next....everything is suppose to be different...and I want to see it... I want to see if I almost make it through a hole with out, just bumping into the back of my blockers......so much stuff I want to see running the ball...

then there is passing....close up view, I feel I will have to really read the defense...and know the routes and where everyone is going......as well as making quick decisions.........or maybe I'll play Receiver and let the cpu take over with the passing, and just run routes....

then there is defense.....playing LB...and of course Safety...or even Corner... I love playing CB on Madden........so it should be interesting in this game...

and that is just with gameplay....... I wonder how I'm going to do the two season modes......one NFL season...and the other Road to BackBreaker mode...that should be fun.....

and of course there is customization....... I don't know, I can't really see myself getting bored with the game quickly or anything.......maybe frustrated if there are problems....but I doubt bored... I mean I know certain things going in....no commentary......but that is ok....I'll be too busy trying to pick my next play.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:22 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
I don't know, I get the feeling it will be very refreshing.......I want to just run the ball to see what will happen next....everything is suppose to be different...and I want to see it... I want to see if I almost make it through a hole with out, just bumping into the back of my blockers......so much stuff I want to see running the ball...

then there is passing....close up view, I feel I will have to really read the defense...and know the routes and where everyone is going......as well as making quick decisions.........or maybe I'll play Receiver and let the cpu take over with the passing, and just run routes....

then there is defense.....playing LB...and of course Safety...or even Corner... I love playing CB on Madden........so it should be interesting in this game...

and that is just with gameplay....... I wonder how I'm going to do the two season modes......one NFL season...and the other Road to BackBreaker mode...that should be fun.....

and of course there is customization....... I don't know, I can't really see myself getting bored with the game quickly or anything.......maybe frustrated if there are problems....but I doubt bored... I mean I know certain things going in....no commentary......but that is ok....I'll be too busy trying to pick my next play.
I agree, the unpredictability of every single play is what will keep me interested. In other games once you've seen all the animations, there are rarely plays where you jump out of your seat. But even months after BB releases, we will be seeing completely unique plays.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:27 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude213
I agree, the unpredictability of every single play is what will keep me interested. In other games once you've seen all the animations, there are rarely plays where you jump out of your seat. But even months after BB releases, we will be seeing completely unique plays.
Well, let's hope the plays are legitimately unpredictable. There's more to unpredictability in football than simply making the tackles always look different. Hopefully coverages/blocking varies at the right balance. Unpredictability is a big selling point for them, but I think that concept goes beyond Euphoria offers. My problem with that is it seems like anything beyond what Euphoria offers gameplay-wise is kind of second class.

I'm still getting it.. so far.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2010, 08:54 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 32
Can anyone let me know when the demo is going to be released? Thx
Old 05-05-2010, 09:05 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 22

No-one knows.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:39 AM   #14
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm buying on day one also. Can't wait.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:41 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Well, let's hope the plays are legitimately unpredictable. There's more to unpredictability in football than simply making the tackles always look different. Hopefully coverages/blocking varies at the right balance. Unpredictability is a big selling point for them, but I think that concept goes beyond Euphoria offers. My problem with that is it seems like anything beyond what Euphoria offers gameplay-wise is kind of second class.

I'm still getting it.. so far.
Yeah I guess it's going to be unpredictable, mainly compared to other football games. In games like Madden and APF, most of the time when an animation occurs you already know if you are going to get tackled or not. Whereas in this, you won't know until it happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2010, 01:25 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Unpredictability is a big selling point for them, but I think that concept goes beyond Euphoria offers. My problem with that is it seems like anything beyond what Euphoria offers gameplay-wise is kind of second class.
What exactly do you mean CK?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »