Home

2010 FIFA World Cup Review

This is a discussion on 2010 FIFA World Cup Review within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2010, 07:23 PM   #9
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup Review

I may be alone in thinking this, but this game is worth the 59.99 it's sold for, simply because of the ridiculous amount of depth that the large amount of countries and players give. National Anthems are included for nearly every nation in the game as well as great nation and player specific commentary that is some of the most in-depth I've heard this side of The Show (the fact that even minor countries get this treatment is tremendous).

The fact that Tyldesley announces most, if not every starting eleven in the game is remarkable. When you're playing with New Caledonia or Luxembourg and discover that each player gets a shout-out when passing the ball around, you know this game has something extremely special going on with its presentation. Probably the most in-depth commentary since the start of the FIFA series.

To those wondering why this game didn't ship as part of FIFA 10, it would have been impossible. Not until the next generation of disc storage (or until Blu-ray is adapted to each console) will a game have the ability to cram so many teams and so much commentary onto one disc. Plus, EA's done this for years already. FIFA 98 may have had many international teams and a World Cup Qualifying mode, but it never allowed you to play any "true" World Cup games, not to mention there were far less national teams included in the game to begin with.

Like World Cup 98 and 2006 (2002 was a disappointment IMO), this game will have a heavy rotation for the next few years, even after FIFA 11 arrives. The sheer scale of this game and the amount of countries you can play for is astounding IMO. Even the relatively limited CYC mode can be addictive with the sheer number of countries you can possibly play for.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:42 PM   #10
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

There are 199 countries. That alone is absolutely insanity, and like Carry said, 99% of them are very well done. Not to mention kits are well done and the gameplay is good. Plus, what better want to get your international footy in? FIFA may have the big boys, but there is nothing like seeing a Vietnam vs Mongolia match.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:22 PM   #11
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
I may be alone in thinking this, but this game is worth the 59.99 it's sold for, simply because of the ridiculous amount of depth that the large amount of countries and players give. National Anthems are included for nearly every nation in the game as well as great nation and player specific commentary that is some of the most in-depth I've heard this side of The Show (the fact that even minor countries get this treatment is tremendous).

The fact that Tyldesley announces most, if not every starting eleven in the game is remarkable. When you're playing with New Caledonia or Luxembourg and discover that each player gets a shout-out when passing the ball around, you know this game has something extremely special going on with its presentation. Probably the most in-depth commentary since the start of the FIFA series.

To those wondering why this game didn't ship as part of FIFA 10, it would have been impossible. Not until the next generation of disc storage (or until Blu-ray is adapted to each console) will a game have the ability to cram so many teams and so much commentary onto one disc. Plus, EA's done this for years already. FIFA 98 may have had many international teams and a World Cup Qualifying mode, but it never allowed you to play any "true" World Cup games, not to mention there were far less national teams included in the game to begin with.

Like World Cup 98 and 2006 (2002 was a disappointment IMO), this game will have a heavy rotation for the next few years, even after FIFA 11 arrives. The sheer scale of this game and the amount of countries you can play for is astounding IMO. Even the relatively limited CYC mode can be addictive with the sheer number of countries you can possibly play for.
Your not alone It's a great game and the gameplay is alot better than fifa 10 to me. Well worth the money IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2010, 12:29 AM   #12
All Star

Jonesy's Arena

OVR: 27
I wasn't going to get this but all of the reviews and impressions i've seen so far are very positive so i think i'll end up caving and picking this up. Like others have mentioned the world cup games seem to have a longer shelf life anyway and soccer games are always fantastic multi player games to play with/against friends.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:16 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5
FIFA 10 was fun for 2 months, I have one question for EA. What is the point of having hundreds of teams when the large majority are one in the same. There is no noticeable difference between great, good, average and poor players.

I tried this game out and when I went into the Scotland team they still had players on the roster who have retired or are not picked for the national team.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:57 AM   #14
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31
If you like soccer games you should get WC2010. Simply put it plays better than Fifa10.

If you like sports games but aren't a big soccer fan wait for Fifa11.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:00 AM   #15
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31
@Scottger

My understanding is that they are going to update the rosters for the 32 World Cup teams once the final rosters are set. That won't help out with Scotland but it helps with the big boys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2010, 11:24 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
@Scottger

My understanding is that they are going to update the rosters for the 32 World Cup teams once the final rosters are set. That won't help out with Scotland but it helps with the big boys
I know. After the qualifying performance we don't deserve to be there. Scotland are one of the more famous nations. You would think EA would at least update the squad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »