Home

2K Sports Awards Alabama Man $1,000,000 for Perfection

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Awards Alabama Man $1,000,000 for Perfection within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2010, 01:29 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

42's Arena

OVR: 57
Re: 2K Sports Awards Alabama Man $1,000,000 for Perfection

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6462494n&tag=api
Old 05-06-2010, 01:32 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

someone wins a lottery, we KNOW RIGHT AWAY.. what a scam this was.. yeah I said scam.. What a bad precedent this sets up for other games.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:54 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
someone wins a lottery, we KNOW RIGHT AWAY.. what a scam this was.. yeah I said scam.. What a bad precedent this sets up for other games.

This wasn't a scam. There are laws and regulations surrounding contests and competitions like this. They could get in some serious trouble if this was a set up. They had a firm that did the verification for them and they most likely insured it as well. It just sounds like someone is bitter to me.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:33 AM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
Oh I knew they'd pay it from the get go (assuming someone met the strict qualifications) and like every one of these things, and as you said, I'm sure they had an insurance policy of some sort for it. In fact, I thought it was a good idea on their part to get people interested in a game that has been hammered in reviews for several years in a row. My comment was just a response to the one and only official 2K apologist.
*hug*. i still love ya.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:35 AM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenSeagalsLipitor
This wasn't a scam. There are laws and regulations surrounding contests and competitions like this. They could get in some serious trouble if this was a set up. They had a firm that did the verification for them and they most likely insured it as well. It just sounds like someone is bitter to me.
Yep, you dont even send the dvd to 2K. It was to that company and they are the ones that handled it all.

I highly doubt that company (i think they do verification for guiness or something) would want to get involved in any kind of scam. IT would be bad bad bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2010, 09:49 AM   #22
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
The whole point of the contest was to get people interested in their baseball game again and get them to buy it. If they announce the winner right away after day 1, then that defeats the sole purpose of the contest from their perspective. They said from the beginning that they would announce the winner on this date and they followed through. They did everything they could/should have done, IMO, to support their product in a new and exciting way...except put out fully working product from the get go, but that's a whole different story.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:51 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 5

The article on CNBC said they didn't take out insurance because they couldn't calculate the odds of someone winning the prize so the $1 million will come out of their pocket.

Of course the US Government also won this contest, just like they win every lottery and game show.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:05 AM   #24
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

I have played a lot of baseball games in my day and have never come close to a perfect game, much less a no hitter. What a lucky guy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »