Home

UFC 2010 Undisputed Developer Q&A

This is a discussion on UFC 2010 Undisputed Developer Q&A within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2010, 02:06 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: UFC 2010 Undisputed Developer Q&A

I understand both your points - Jukeman has been posting this non stop in many different threads - and I agree to an extent that TKOs are much more common than lights out - ragdoll knockouts. I think the simple solution would be for next years version to have some of these KO punches result in some different animations that are fight enders - not to where the fighter is put to sleep, but maybe just dazed and on all fours unable to defend himself - and the ref jumps in and says he's done - something like that. Yes I agree the ratio of fighters being put to sleep is too high compared to real fights

the cheesy pounding an opponent out who just went gray is not only unrewarding - the animation sucks imo. I would like to see some better KO animations where the hurt fighter can't defend himself but isnt in a coma and better TKO animations - in the meantime Im fine with where its at now. Im having a nice mix of fight endings playing on expert. If they patch the game like they did last year and ruin it again - Im done with this

edit: and for the record - Im hardly getting any Flash KOs at all - they are all pretty much due to an accumulation of damage

Last edited by wyrm187; 05-08-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:46 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 9

My problem are the one strike KOs, i feel that too many fights end this way on the game. There definitely should be more gray rocked moments, I remember I had one using Rampage against Shogun and I was up against the cage getting battered and I kept trying to defend but he kept slamming with punches and I was luckily able to attempt a takedown and get out of it.

I'm definitely more of a "sim" type fighter, I don't get into slugfests very often I keep my hands up and I move in and out. I like trying to fight how I think the guy I'm using would fight the guy I'm facing.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:56 PM   #19
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I think the "flash" KO's are a problem. The problem lies in the fact that its to easy to land clean punches in this game. You rarely see a punch land with full force and clean as a whistle in real life so frequently. If the game had a leaning/bob and weave system like FNR4 then I think this problem wouldn't exist. JMO
Old 05-08-2010, 03:04 PM   #20
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
I think the "flash" KO's are a problem. The problem lies in the fact that its to easy to land clean punches in this game. You rarely see a punch land with full force and clean as a whistle in real life so frequently. If the game had a leaning/bob and weave system like FNR4 then I think this problem wouldn't exist. JMO
The game has a bob and weave system.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:10 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 9

I think it's just hard coded in the game just like not being able to submit anyone unless they're low on energy or rocked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2010, 03:11 PM   #22
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Not anywhere on the level of FNR4. If it is then I must not be using it right.

Last edited by PVarck31; 05-08-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:12 PM   #23
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
That's exactly the issue. I don't see how anyone can find fault with guys getting knocked out with cleanly connecting power shots. The problem is the connect percentage for said power punches and punches in general.

While I would like for them to improve up on that, I'm not going to say that those issues completely ruin the game for me. There is still a lot of fun to be had, IMO.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:15 PM   #24
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
So the onus is on the player/CPU to bob and weave/block punches?

I agree. I rarely get hit with a power shot because I evade and block. The CPU does leave itself open to too many power shots.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »