Home

Backbreaker Video: Passing Game

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Video: Passing Game within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2010, 03:22 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Passing Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeAyKay
Does anyone else think that the bomb that he throws goes too far too fast? It may just be the angle, but it looks like that ball was going to be thrown 80 yards and it was moving pretty fast.
only prob i have with it is it looks like the qb's must do hella bar pull downs and bicep curls cuz the animation makes it look like all their using is their shoulders and arms on alot of the passes(except the down and up bomb). they dont appear to put much body behind their passes and step into the throws. but thats one of the things i can live with since its only aesthetic

Last edited by o Mass Murda o; 05-14-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:24 PM   #18

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Now that was a great video. The recent gameplay video in Japanese or whatever it was didn't do much to catch my eye. Wow knew the blind side hits I've seen looked good but, blind side hits are going to be a thing of beauty in this game. I also loved the the mid air collision as the ball got intercepted by the safety(I'm assuming), It looked very natural. The throwing animation is a eye sore but, other than that this is the first video that I actually loved in a while.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:26 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 10

i like but some how people will bash..this is os..
Old 05-14-2010, 03:31 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

:-) Looks amazing to me. I love all of the controls of this game, they're very interactive. This video just made me more impatient than I already was.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:31 PM   #21
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

Looks Good. Adds a realistic sense to the passing game, focus, touch, etc. Although the throwing motion is ugly (along with some other animations), with the camera view I'd barely notice. Also i think its backwards, the lob should be up and the bullet/stronger throws should be back/forth, but you could argue either way.

GT: IIx PaCmAN xII
Rams/Mizzou/Cards

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2010, 03:34 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXperiment63
2K5 had aftertouch man... I can't wait for this game, but 2K5 had most of the right-stick features this game touts as groundbreaking.
I don't think this game is touting anything as groundbreaking, these are only tutorials to show you how the game plays.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:35 PM   #23

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by granddogg
i like but some how people will bash..this is os..
Can't please everyone. I know It's been a while since they have put out a video I really liked.

On another note I liked how you can put some touch on your passing before the ball is released. The wide receiver catching animations just seemed to look better than in the past videos. I've seen one reach out and snatch one and the best thing I seen was a wide out having to reach behind him going across the field.

That was nice. Also liking the scheme they've implemented. Hopefully It's as simple as It looks but, also takes some skill to when actually playing.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:40 PM   #24
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6

I've never really expected much out of the passing game. Color me surprised. I think the new perspective will add a challenge to video game football passing that most vets of the genre haven't had to overcome in years.

I think it looks like a hell of a lot of fun. When in doubt, I'm gonna just lob a ball up high in traffic over the middle. That mid-air collision was beautiful. I'm not worried about my receivers getting injured.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »