Home

NCAA Football 11 Blog: Quarterback

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Blog: Quarterback within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2010, 03:37 PM   #17
MVP

jclentzthadon's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NCAA Football 11 Blog: Quarterback

Yeah nothing crazy here but still solid. I like that contain feature the implemented that will allow you to quickly put DE's in contain.

I would have like to hear more about ratings like the short, middle and deep accuracy as well as the rocket arm throwing that was in last year. I'm sure they will lead into that at some point.

Good stuff and looking forward to it. A lot of gameplay stuff being addressed, and rightfully so.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:41 PM   #18
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Why does the guy covering the right slot WR have his outside foot back? Not a bad blog, but nothing really flashy like every other one. Rather boring....
Maybe his plan is to try and keep WR on his outside...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 05-14-2010, 03:42 PM   #19
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Does the far left WR (Not shown on the screen) look WAY to close to the sideline? No room to throw anything breaking outside?
Old 05-14-2010, 03:44 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 19

I like what they are doing and that they are trying, BUT

The major problem with the QB countain feature is that this is an NFL defensive scheme, not college. The foundation of all college teams is get to the QB, period. With most DE's being undersized (converted LB's most schools) the focus is SPEED on the outside rush. Because of the talent level, 98% of schools send/attack with their DE's to initiate some type of rush. They can't afford not to send, instead a Cover 2 scheme is used to keep Corner's on edge to help with scrambling QB's, which is why we see so many deep fade's/crosses converted in the college game.

This is as many gamers wrote previously, how in trying to fix one thing, they have created a problem in another area.

They could easily fix the issue with fast/moible QB's breaking the game by making FATIGUE operate as it should. Or increasing possibility of injury
Thus they wouldn't have to install items that simply don't fit the college game.
-When QB's are tired, thei passes have more air and are less accurate.
-They tend to fumble (which has yet to make the game) exchange's and on runs.

I remember the '09 Demo showed how Fatigue would affect player's, yet it seemed to have been scrapped.

There was such a problem with QB pressure the past 3 years, that the last thing would be to take away rusher's from the line.

Still can't wait, but this one has me going "Koo-Koo"
Old 05-14-2010, 03:52 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I like what they are doing and that they are trying, BUT

The major problem with the QB countain feature is that this is an NFL defensive scheme, not college. The foundation of all college teams is get to the QB, period. With most DE's being undersized (converted LB's most schools) the focus is SPEED on the outside rush. Because of the talent level, 98% of schools send/attack with their DE's to initiate some type of rush. They can't afford not to send, instead a Cover 2 scheme is used to keep Corner's on edge to help with scrambling QB's, which is why we see so many deep fade's/crosses converted in the college game.

This is as many gamers wrote previously, how in trying to fix one thing, they have created a problem in another area.

They could easily fix the issue with fast/moible QB's breaking the game by making FATIGUE operate as it should. Or increasing possibility of injury
Thus they wouldn't have to install items that simply don't fit the college game.
-When QB's are tired, thei passes have more air and are less accurate.
-They tend to fumble (which has yet to make the game) exchange's and on runs.

I remember the '09 Demo showed how Fatigue would affect player's, yet it seemed to have been scrapped.

There was such a problem with QB pressure the past 3 years, that the last thing would be to take away rusher's from the line.

Still can't wait, but this one has me going "Koo-Koo"
They could fix the DE contain with aproper outside pass rush. A DE is supposed to stay outside on his rush if he is a contain DE, some DE are not contain and are allowed frre reign to the QB, usually if they are not a contain DE a LB from that side is rushing and has outside contain responsibility. These anlgles for contain DE are 2 wide.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2010, 03:59 PM   #22
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Does the far left WR (Not shown on the screen) look WAY to close to the sideline? No room to throw anything breaking outside?
Looks like the CB is kind of shading inside for that very reason. Also looks like the CB on the left is shading outside somewhat. Also kind of looks like the recievers are looking in to see the ball snap instead of looking forward like in past games.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:01 PM   #23
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufgators253
Looks like the CB is kind of shading inside for that very reason. Also looks like the CB on the left is shading outside somewhat. Also kind of looks like the recievers are looking in to see the ball snap instead of looking forward like in past games.
Yeah, that looks cool.

I'm still concerned with the positioning of that WR though. Don't think he should be that wide.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:04 PM   #24
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

I agree that he shouldn't, seeing as he probably is only a few yards, if that, from the sideline.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »