Home

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Blog: Shot Focus

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Blog: Shot Focus within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2010, 04:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Blog: Shot Focus

Anthony DiFazio, Assistant Designer on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11, has posted a new blog, as he lifts the cover off shot focus.

Quote:
"My name is Anthony DiFazio and I am an Assistant Designer on the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR franchise. I have been involved with the development of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR for a couple of years now and I’m extremely excited with the direction things are going. As we get closer to the launch of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11, I will be writing blogs about features and shortly after their release I will hit the forums to better answer the community’s questions. I have been on there recently and I know the community is itching for some news. Today we are lifting the cover off SHOT FOCUS.

This is the first blog in which I am going to dive a little deeper into some of the new gameplay changes and overall enhancements we have made to Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11. It was an exciting development cycle this year and after listening to our community, we have been making some pretty significant changes.

The feature I am going to talk about today is the all new SHOT FOCUS system and how this is going to change the way you approach the course and your shot to shot selections."
Platform: iPhone / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2010, 05:46 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: New Tiger 11 Blog: Shot Focus

Ok Divot, we got a little more info on shot focus. Was this the HUGE thing you were talking about, or is there something else we may find out next week? What is your opinion on Shot Focus?
Old 05-14-2010, 07:14 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunjuan2000
Ok Divot, we got a little more info on shot focus. Was this the HUGE thing you were talking about, or is there something else we may find out next week? What is your opinion on Shot Focus?
No it was not. Remember, I said there might be something big, might not be. This is not it. Shot Focus did not work for me during TW Community Day as we played on several different builds of the game within 2 days and I never got the feel of it, but from the description of the feature, it sounds interesting and could add to the strategy necessary to play well.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:23 PM   #4
Rookie

Ok Divot, I remember you saying a big thing may or may not happen, that's fine. New blog will be coming out next week. I will wait and see what's next.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:08 PM   #5
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Hmmmm... not sure how I feel about Shot Focus at this point. I see it as sort of an artificial gimmick, very close to a "power up". I play strictly in Tour Pro mode and I'm not sure I want anything that I perceive to be a power-up at that level of the game. I won't dis it until I've had a chance to try it for myself. Maybe there will be an option to simply turn Shot Focus off in Tour Pro mode?

I can see where this would spice up the game a bit in Amateur and Pro modes a bit more. It would certainly bring a little more course management and strategy into play, but I've never gotten into anything but Tour Pro mode.

Looking forward to the forthcoming blog entries, but this one really wasn't one that I expected to get too excited about before I read about it. I was relieved to learn that we won't have Putt Previews in Tour Pro mode. That was the best news I got out of today

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 05-14-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2010, 10:01 PM   #6
Rookie

csfan20's Arena

Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Blog: Shot Focus

My question is is there any way to gain focus back?

Old 05-14-2010, 10:39 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

You guys should read the entire thread....there is alot of good information being discussed about this feature. I am getting more and more excited about it for TOUR Pro. My understanding also is that you will have a choice in how you build your character attributes in TW11....IOW, when you want to add attributes, you can add them to one specific skill area if you like.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:25 PM   #8
Rookie

Are they getting rid of dynamic attributes ? I like the idea of the better you play, the better you get, or vice versa.. Being able to add attributes makes the game a lot easier and I want my play to decide it for me. If I know a course like Firestone is coming on the schedule in season mode, I shouldn't be able to add points to driving distance so I can reach 16 in 2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »