Home

Backbreaker 2 Confirmed

This is a discussion on Backbreaker 2 Confirmed within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2010, 12:46 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: Backbreaker 2 Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Does this really confirm the game will be released though?

I would imagine they would begin to work on it at this point anyway and a decision on releasing BB2 wouldn't come until a little while down the road.
Well, the final decision would obviously be with the publishers, but it makes sense for them to start work on a sequel. Do I think it will be a yearly release? No, but I think somewhere in the reason of every 18 months to 2 years makes sense for a game like BB.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:50 PM   #18
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
but if they are a small studio then i'd view it as they don't have the luxury to continue working on a game if the first game ends up not selling well. in other words, if the first one sells poorly i could still see them scrapping the idea for a second. hate to be a negative nelly but just what i think..
You are the most negative person on this boardlol

I hope it does well. In all honestly its' already causing the other game to try and use some sort of momentum based foundation for movements on the field. I'm stationed in Germany so I'll probably not be getting this (doubt online support will keep me interested) but I will rent it once to try it out.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:54 PM   #19
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
Well, the final decision would obviously be with the publishers, but it makes sense for them to start work on a sequel. Do I think it will be a yearly release? No, but I think somewhere in the reason of every 18 months to 2 years makes sense for a game like BB.
This is actually something I was wondering, their publishing situation. If they have a multiyear deal with 505 or if they are going to need to find a publisher for BB2 and any other games.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:08 PM   #20
Rookie

radatdude2's Arena

OVR: 5
Thats great news
Old 05-18-2010, 01:11 PM   #21
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
You like EA Sport's Online Pass Program ODogg, but you're down on BackBreaker 2 being confirmed? Where'd the optimism, this is a good thing, fuzzy warm feelings go? The risk is pretty low for this company. Only 6 guys worked on it for 3 years, and they upped the team to 9 I believe later on. They haven't spent ANY money on advertising, even their demos tutorials look like they were done by someone on the dev team and not by professionals. Their technology was their own, at no cost, and the licensing of it even subsidized their game. I bet they only need about 300,000 in sales to break even, at most 500,000 (and that's being very generous). Anything over that and they are pocking a profit. Plus, there's always the possibility of DLC down the road. Unless the game just completely flops, which I personally don't believe it will, then we should be seeing a Backbreaker 2 (hopefully with a God move view, adjustable camera, and injuries) somewhere in the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2010, 01:17 PM   #22
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

They've already ruled out DLC.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:18 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1
It's good to see people supporting something new.. I don't think it should be an annual release like other sports titles.. The people at NaturalMotions should take the time to get feedback from the first game in order to make the 2nd one that much greater..
Old 05-18-2010, 01:45 PM   #24
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Well nice to know there will be a BB2. But looking forward to BB1 first. But good news altogether.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »