Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch v1.2 Notes

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch v1.2 Notes within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2010, 05:23 PM   #9
Rookie

vatechfan44's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Patch Notes

Thanks for the info.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:31 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

They did not fix the biggest issue with this game, the lack of injuries and errors.

I am very interested in their attempt to make painting the corners more difficult with lower rated players. that could save the game for me, as long as they did it right. However, what does it really mean? Does it mean that the high 70s guys can't paint anymore? Or does it just mean the low 40s single A guys. Pitcher control in general needed to be dropped. A ton.

Those are the two big ones. One big fail and one potential game-saver.

Also, I have to point these out. It mentions a couple issues, but the solutions are vague...

they mention reduced homers by low rated players on the simulator. HOPEFULLY, this will affect the pitcher sim stats as well. But it doesn't say if it will.

I hope they tuned the throws home in more than just sac fly situations, but that's a huge one. Will my players get thrown out trying to score from first on a double? Will the catcher apply the tag?

The advancing bases in myplayer is a very nice touch. And they claimed to have "tuned" the manager AI for starting pitchers. But what about leaving relievers in to bat? In key moments?

Fixed bug to so team no longer have more than 25 man on roster when they should not
Honestly, never saw this, but I didn't pay much attention. What I did see was many teams having 22 players on their roster, and a very short bullpen.

Adjusted progression so it is near impossible to improve in the decline phase of a player career
What about the sim stat engine issue? Did they fix that? Pitching sim stats were so off that big time pitchers were massively regressing.

A very vague set of notes, I didn't see one of my top two fixes mentioned at all (injuries, errors), and the other of my top two (pitching control too easy) wasn't very clear. I hate to judge the patch before it is even out, and my expectations weren't really high for this one anyway, but I'm a bit disappointed, honestly.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:37 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

The original post at 2k forums was updated:

Lack of errors and injuries
For the patch we investigated all possible options for getting errors and injuries working properly but were not able to find a solution for the patch. There are limitations on what we can change in the game for the patches and this was too complicated and large of a change to implement. The proper fix for errors and injuries requires additional animations and we are unable to add animations into our game for a patch. Our team is currently working on implementing both errors and injuries into the game for the upcoming year.

PC Patch
To ensure the PC community can play online together we need to release the PC patch in coordination with all our digital distribution partners such as Steam and IGN. We are currently in the process of testing builds from all the partners to ensure that our PC community maintains full connectivity online. Once we are through this QA process we will coordinate the release of the PC Patch with all our digital distribution partners.

No errors and injuries this year. That flat out sucks.

Also, I did not see it mentioned, what about the NL double switch problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2010, 06:04 PM   #12
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Some good things were added, most notably dropping fielder speed, but there are some glaring omissions as well. Franchise mode looks to be rendered unplayable after the 1st season, which is a shame.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 05-20-2010, 06:12 PM   #13
Banned

celtic78's Arena

OVR: 5

no errors...thats like a football game with no dropped passes, what a bunch of bs....games can change on an error in a heartbeat.... no injuries? a season can change on that....the mets last year and the yanks this year are decimated by injuries.....prob not gonna play the game anymore this year and def not running out to buy mlb 2k11 next year....i may just go and buy a ps3 for the show now. cant believe we waited a month for this crap.

why the hell should they need to put more animations into the game for injuries and errors? 2 of the most common things that happen in all sprorts...and i love their whole " were gonna implement it into 2k11" . im willing to get 2k got hosed on this game financially and hopefully the MLB yanks their deal...what a disgrace.

the sad fact is that for years, the show on the psp blew 2k baseball out of the water...

Last edited by celtic78; 05-20-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:29 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic78
im willing to get 2k got hosed on this game financially and hopefully the MLB yanks their deal...what a disgrace.
Don't count on MLB breaching their contract just because 2k made a bad game :P. We can all hope, though.

They fixed some of the glaring issues, and left some of the other ones completely off. Just hoping more of the franchise stuff was fixed than they listed, but it looks like they didn't fix the major issues...and that means this games donezo for a lot of people methinks.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:31 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 11

The lack of errors not being addressed probably ends my time with the game this year. The fact that the developers decided to make a game without even acknowledging one of the most important aspects of baseball kind of comes off as a bit arrogant and unprofessional. This company will have to blow me away with the improvements they've made to 2K11 to make me consider buying their baseball game again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2010, 06:42 PM   #16
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

The excuse about needing additional animations for injuries/errors is TOTAL BS. There are already a few error animations in the game. Why can't you increase the frequency of seeing these animations and add an error to the totals. If you need a player to wriggle around on the ground or something just to cause an injury is ridiculous. Why can't you do a pop up screen saying someone is injured, even if you have to do it after a game.

Who in their right mind develops a baseball game with no errors/injuries??

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »