Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch v1.2 Notes

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch v1.2 Notes within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2010, 06:42 PM   #17
Banned

celtic78's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Patch Notes

agreed number one.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:45 PM   #18
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberOneRB
The lack of errors not being addressed probably ends my time with the game this year. The fact that the developers decided to make a game without even acknowledging one of the most important aspects of baseball kind of comes off as a bit arrogant and unprofessional. This company will have to blow me away with the improvements they've made to 2K11 to make me consider buying their baseball game again.
Yeah, that is a big blow. Not to mention they didn't address the franchise freeze, and that's huge for offline-only players.

I really did enjoy the game but might have to consider trading it in while I can still get good value for the game. I've got The Show on the PS3 and that will meet my baseball needs.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 05-20-2010, 07:05 PM   #19
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20

They didn't fix the errors and injuries?? You got to be kidding me. and they call this a baseball simulation?

Wow, never felt so dissapointed. *shakes_head*
Old 05-20-2010, 07:12 PM   #20
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26

It's taken them more than 2 months to give us this? Ridiculous.

They don't fix any of the glaring issues mentioned or in the franchise mode which is already unplayable after the first year.

Instead, they fixed "the fielding shadow was not drawing correctly vertically against walls."

AWESOME!
Old 05-20-2010, 07:19 PM   #21
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

We have seen errors in the game - seldom but they do exist and there are some animations for them. Why do they need to add animations; just use the errors that they have in the game but make them happen more often. I don't know that anyone has seen an injury or not. If so then couldn't the same logic apply - just make them happen more often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2010, 08:10 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch v1.2 Notes

Well, I can't remember the order, but my top wish-to-be-fixed-list was

1. Errors and Injuries
2. AI management
3. Fix the broken NL pinch hitter double switch
4. Make Pitching harder

Maybe we got number 4, but I doubt it works right. And I am willing to wager that I'll still see a reliever bat with 2outs in the 10th inning with the winning run at third.

Almost everyone is rightfully mad. There are a select few that are just happy to hear the word patch after waiting an extra month.

I don't think I'm playing this game or buying 2K baseball anymore. Every year, it's sitting around waiting for the game to be playable while the disc collects dust.

This game had potential when it came out, but once again bugs, glitches and flat out omissions of real baseball killed it.

And it's a shame, because thousands of fans will be suckered into next year's title because they see the potential of this game and think just a few fixes and it could be a great game.

My advice for everyone for next year's title. Ask EVERY QUESTION that you can think of, even if it's an obvious one like "Are baseball bats in this game?"....sounds stupid, but if someone had asked, "Are there going to be errors and injuries in this game?" I could have saved 60 dollars.

Then again, probably not, because I still remember this quote:

"Pinpointing will not be very easy to do either way since ratings also play a bigger role when pitching. Your outfielder will not be able to come into the game and paint the corners anymore. In addition to that, even when your normally wild pitchers are nailing their pitching motions, there is an inherent amount of wildness that will still show up. By default, Joel Pineiro is just going to be more accurate than Oliver Perez."

Because if you hit the million dollar question, they can still just lie to you.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:45 PM   #23
Rookie

The GOAT 1988's Arena

OVR: 1

i gave 2k another chance to prove to me they were not a horrible baseball game, but this patch and its lack of solutions just pushed me to sell this game. it doesnt solve another major to the game, just minor issues that can be fixed with sliders. you can see potential ratings in players now but that wont matter when your franchise FREEZES because of rookies. what about the pitcher stamina in my player...its aggrevating to see pitcher at 100 pitches with a full meter of stamina in the 9th inning. and all the other issues everyone else has already pointed out just adds to the list. 2k lost me once again, im getting 36 bucks for this game on amazon which i consider more than its worth, and i will never buy another 2k product. hopefully others will like me and this will force MLB to sign with another developer or 2k to actually try to make a next gen game
Old 05-20-2010, 09:18 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nld230
Well, I can't remember the order, but my top wish-to-be-fixed-list was

1. Errors and Injuries
2. AI management
3. Fix the broken NL pinch hitter double switch
4. Make Pitching harder
Bleh, really hope they addressed #3 and just failed to mention it. Also would like to see a pitch history, so I can see where they've been pitching me. Pretty basic stuff, things that were in All Star Baseball 10 years ago...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »