Home

NHL 11 to Include All Teams and Players From WHL, OHL and QMJHL (Press Release)

This is a discussion on NHL 11 to Include All Teams and Players From WHL, OHL and QMJHL (Press Release) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2010, 11:45 PM   #9
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NHL 11 to Include All Teams and Players From WHL, OHL and QMJHL (Press Release)

Wonder if college hockey is next, maybe in a couple of years we'll see the CCHA, WCHA and Hockey East and all that in NHL 13.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 05-21-2010, 11:46 PM   #10
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NHL 11 to Include All Teams and Players From WHL, OHL and QMJHL (Press Release)

Real players!!! That's awesome. I wonder how they're going to do the ratings. A stretch in the ratings would seem like a good idea. And I would think the rosters would be current, no? A guy like Taylor Hall will start off on Windsor and if he makes an NHL team they will just move him I hope.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:03 AM   #11
Rookie

SwinginAs12's Arena

OVR: 10
"If he makes an NHL team".....is this a joke or.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2010, 12:19 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3
After years of creating my own Sarnia Sting team with former players (which wasn't necessarily an easy task :-) , creating a jersey from a template that wasn't really close, an areana etc... we CHL fans finally get to play as our favourite team and there is a huge following for this league.

This is HUGE and I didn't see this coming when word leaked out. Now reading this press release and seeing that real players names will also be incorporated; WOW! I'll be lined up on release day.

Great job EA!
Old 05-22-2010, 12:52 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 7

This is really awesome, but I agree that the ratings issue will be a huge thing.

If they try to make them a standalone entity (like the Euro leagues) and overrate them it won't be nearly as good as transferring players over will be a pain. The Euro leagues being ranked so high (with high-80's and whatnot) makes it really hard to transfer prospects over already.

Either way I'm really excited about this development.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:04 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by flangoid
After years of creating my own Sarnia Sting team with former players (which wasn't necessarily an easy task :-) , creating a jersey from a template that wasn't really close, an areana etc... we CHL fans finally get to play as our favourite team and there is a huge following for this league.

This is HUGE and I didn't see this coming when word leaked out. Now reading this press release and seeing that real players names will also be incorporated; WOW! I'll be lined up on release day.

Great job EA!
Amen to that, I can't wait to kick the crap out of the Sting with the Knights
Frontier League baseball: London Rippers
Old 05-22-2010, 02:08 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2
It will be awesome to finally play the Vancouver Giants vs. the Vancouver Canucks and show the NHL and canadians which Vancouver team should be in the NHL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2010, 04:10 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 12
Awesome news. This will certainly add some depth to the game.

"The CHL integration in NHL 11 will tie to several modes in the game, including Be A Pro, Be A GM, Tournament Mode, Season Mode and Playoff Mode."

Will these teams be integrated into Franchise mode as well?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »