Home

EA Sports MMA Video: Fight Mechanics Walkthrough

This is a discussion on EA Sports MMA Video: Fight Mechanics Walkthrough within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2010, 04:23 PM   #9
MVP

Parasight's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: EA Sports MMA Video: Fight Mechanics Walkthrough

Some of the animations look great. Others look TERRIBLE. The thing that really annoyed me was the sliding, it's a lot worse than it is/was in NBA games. It looks like a few "steps" could get you from one side of the cage to the other. Also, the impact of striking all around seems non-existant. I do like the idle animations inside of the mount (pushing the head down, hugging the guy on top, etc.). The game looks promising, but there's a lot of things in there that make you go "WTF!?"

Also, WAY too much camera flash.

Last edited by Parasight; 05-22-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:23 PM   #10
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

IMO I rather people struggle trying to get submissions on the ground for minutes instead of that instant sub or KO stuff I see going on in this UFC demo. In all honesty in the UFC game, as soon as the fight goes to the ground, if you not passing guard in the 1st 10 seconds the ref stands you up.

Being a MMA fan and a huge BJJ fan, I love the ground game. And so far I don't see it represented well in the UFC demo.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:46 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 3
this game is horrible
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2010, 12:38 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
IMO I rather people struggle trying to get submissions on the ground for minutes instead of that instant sub or KO stuff I see going on in this UFC demo. In all honesty in the UFC game, as soon as the fight goes to the ground, if you not passing guard in the 1st 10 seconds the ref stands you up.

Being a MMA fan and a huge BJJ fan, I love the ground game. And so far I don't see it represented well in the UFC demo.
If a guy gets your back and the defender has good enough defense, but the guy on offense has good enough grappling to at least hold the guy there, I'd like to see him basically control his back the whole time looking for a submission. It annoys me that in the UFC game you just pull out of it in 3 tries no matter what.

I mean, we all saw what happened to Hardy and Daley; so why shouldn't that happen in the game? if a top level wrestler gets a striker down, he should control him the whole round. That drives me nuts about the UFC and about the people who complained about not being able to get up.

Like you, I guess I just want to see a realistic ground game.

If I'm playing the AI even, I want to be held down by GSP constantly without being able to reverse him or get up; but we all know I'll be able to reverse him at will and transition on him at will as well. That drives me nuts.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:55 PM   #13
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson

agree, plus it seem like their clock is not accelerated so all the struggle for position is needed...

Both MMA games can learn from each other

Last edited by Jukeman; 05-23-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:05 PM   #14
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

between this and the control article I'm fairly meh about this game.

the submission system is better than UFC already for sure to me.

I'm REALLY disappointed that they pretty much copied UFC with the ground game. Yeah it's buttons, but it's the same advancing positions one at a time and the other blocking. I was hoping for something new and different in all aspects of the game. Ground striking looked very bad, but standing not as much. This surprised me because I think the punching in FN4 sucks so bad because it's all tap-tap pillow punches. The jab and hook looked ok to me (uppercut looked slow and stupid) and the kicks actually looked pretty good to me.

Ring movement was bad. Takedowns looked awesome to me.

If they don't ruin the game with typical EA gimmicks like the counter window I may actually pick this up.

I wonder if you can hold someone down in this game too like others brought up?

Overall I'm actually pleasantly surprised. The gameplay there looked way better than those commercials during the last strikeforce.

I'm 100% giving this game a shot, I kind of wrote it off earlier but as long as they don't make some left turn from here to release, I can totally see myself grabbing it.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:53 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 39
The game looks very gimmicky, not many people are going to like all the gimmicks. The punch impacts suck horribly.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »