Home

NCAA Hockey Videogame On the Way?

This is a discussion on NCAA Hockey Videogame On the Way? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2010, 10:51 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NCAA Hockey Videogame On the Way?

With all the exciting news coming from NHL 11, here is another exciting gem. It seems we could very well see NCAA Hockey as well. Hit up Kotaku for the scoop.

Quote:
"While we don't have a formal announcement to make at this moment, we are certainly in discussions with EA Sports and they are very interested in having a college component to their game," Kelly told the show. "We, the colleges, are very interested in having that happen and we are just currently in the process of figuring out what dimensions that ought to take. [But] just as there is going to be a CHL component to the video game, there will be a college hockey component as well."

That doesn't necessarily mean for NHL 11 due in September, Kelly said.

"I'm hopeful. I don't know much about the development of video games," he told the show. ""If we come to a finality here in the next couple of weeks and whether that would give them enough time to roll it out in time for September ... I would hope so but I don't know the answer to that."

NCAA Hockey Video Game on the Way (Thepipelineshow)

Quote:
"Last week the Canadian Hockey League and EA Sports formally announced that the next edition of their NHL series would include teams and players from all three Canadian Major Junior leagues.

According to Paul Kelly, the NCAA and EA Sports are very close to announcing a similar agreement to bring the U.S. College game to the masses in the same format."
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2010, 11:00 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 16
I never thought I'd see the day. I'm excited.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:11 PM   #3
Rookie

SwinginAs12's Arena

OVR: 10
Never, NEVER, will there be a better sports game than this.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:15 PM   #4
Rookie

sraczk2011's Arena

OVR: 14
I see why 2K gave up making hockey games. If this is really in, they can start engraving the Sports Game of the Year trophies now.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:16 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA Hockey Videogame On the Way?

if NHL 11 or NHL 12 has NHL, AHL, CHL and NCAA hockey, it might just be the most amazing game. However, I hope that with all the new coding that would be involved, it doesn't create new glitches or bugs.

However, you could have EVERY hockey team and league throughout the world but if you don't have solid game play and fantastic presentation, the teams mean little.

It seems like from the info we have NHL 11 is making strides to be a complete game graphically and game play wise.

We are lucky to have great developers, community leaders and fans who are all so passionate about creating the best game possible for those of us who love it.

I for one would love to see the NCAA in this years version, for the simple reason that on September 7th, when this game is released, it is my birthday.. hahaha.

I for one, can't wait.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2010, 11:16 PM   #6
Rookie

SwinginAs12's Arena

OVR: 10

At least i will only have to buy 1 game a year now.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:26 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 62

I will buy a college hockey game. It would be awesome for them to include every team from D1 to D3.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:48 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

As it's own game it wouldn't sell enough. As part of NHL 11 however, it could greatly boost sales.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »