Home

Early Backbreaker Impressions (Pastapadre)

This is a discussion on Early Backbreaker Impressions (Pastapadre) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2010, 09:53 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Early Backbreaker Impressions (Pastapadre)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I must have a different copy of the game because in my demo the CPU can move the ball effectively a lot of the times and will stop me a lot on offense. Either I am just terrible or something. I just lost to Pittsburgh with Oakland 21-0 in the demo.
I was just thinking the same thing. I guess I must be terrible also. Sometimes, I get crushed by the computer in the demo.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:58 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 20

I just wonder when you claim to have a game built on customization how can you not allowing editing of player ratings, have no create a player and not allow the user to pick their own quarter length? Don't claim "great customization" if that is the case. A fantastic logo editing and uniform editor by themselves do not equal "great customization."

The devs dropped the ball on what could have been an incredible game IMO.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 05-28-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:59 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 30
Yea, yea. I hear about Pasta's EA fanboyism all the time but some people just need to come off it. Many people complained of similar things in the demo and now that Pasta has the full game, it seems that it's virtually no different. I don't think it's fanboyism, at all. Sounds like what's in the demo is in the game which is disheartening because I was trying to give this game a smidge of hope and I have yet to try the demo since Sony is taking it's sweet time releasing the thing on PSN.

I wonder what people will say if the reviews, across the board, don't sound to great about this game? Will there EA fanboyism claims them? How about reversing that thought in regards to those who just want this game to be the greatest thing since sliced bread since there are so many EA and/or Madden haters out there? People need to learn to be more objective....and I "be needin'" to get my hands on SOME TYPE OF BACKBREAKER GAME PLAY so I can get my own "objectivism" on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2010, 10:01 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
I bet he's loving the ability to bash the obvious mistakes that are in the game. I can't stand this guy...his EA fanboyism is sick-a-tating.

I won't even click the link to give him the hit on his site because it's not worth it. I've been there in the past an seen how ridiculous he is...lol.

Lucky for NM and 505 that he's a little underling with a tiny flock.

edit; as if he'd never lose a game either...anyone who played the demo enough I'm sure lost - as I did on occasion and I consider myself a seasoned gamer.
I was suspecting something was fishy, when he said he could win every game he played. I would hate to play him online...lol
Old 05-28-2010, 10:03 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 4
Kind of expected the high int numbers. Defensive AI is a bit too good/ and offensive AI is pretty bad. Lack of quarter length options is pretty lame, but I still think that this game will have a good long lasting appeal. Hopefully they patch this stuff
Old 05-28-2010, 10:04 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Yea, yea. I hear about Pasta's EA fanboyism all the time but some people just need to come off it. Many people complained of similar things in the demo and now that Pasta has the full game, it seems that it's virtually no different. I don't think it's fanboyism, at all. Sounds like what's in the demo is in the game which is disheartening because I was trying to give this game a smidge of hope and I have yet to try the demo since Sony is taking it's sweet time releasing the thing on PSN.

I wonder what people will say if the reviews, across the board, don't sound to great about this game? Will there EA fanboyism claims them? How about reversing that thought in regards to those who just want this game to be the greatest thing since sliced bread since there are so many EA and/or Madden haters out there? People need to learn to be more objective....and I "be needin'" to get my hands on SOME TYPE OF BACKBREAKER GAME PLAY so I can get my own "objectivism" on.
I pretty much agree with this...I am one of those people who hate Madden and want this game to be great, but to just blindly ignore flaws because of that is lame.

I havent played the demo yet (ps3 ) but pasta padre doesnt really say anything that hasnt already been said by others who have...so I highly doubt he is just making this stuff up.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:10 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 7

He doesn't say anything we don't already know, but he doesn't try to sugar coat anything either. Saying things like 'you'll never lose to the CPU' is not only ignorant, it's being extremely short-sighted. He mentioned nothing about form, nor about how the game plays in Season and RTBB modes. Although the chance is slim, it is possible teams play harder in those modes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2010, 10:12 PM   #16
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Come on guys. Even if pasta is an EA fan (and he is), it doesn't make what he's saying about Backbreaker false. He's not sitting there making this stuff up--he posted stat screens for crying out loud. I want to like this game as much as anyone on this board, but it should be clear by now that it has major issues. The sooner we all admit that, the better chance we have that a patch corrects some of this stuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »