Home

EA Sports NHL Slapshot Coming To the Wii, September 7th, Ships With New Controller

This is a discussion on EA Sports NHL Slapshot Coming To the Wii, September 7th, Ships With New Controller within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2010, 03:14 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
EA Sports NHL Slapshot Coming To the Wii, September 7th, Ships With New Controller

Read the official press release, right here.

According to Slam! Sports, EA Sports NHL Slapshot is coming to the Nintendo Wii with a new packaged controller. NHL Slapshot should hit stores on September 7th, along with NHL 11.

Quote:
"The stick peripheral will detect slap shots, wrist shots, body checks (done with a cross-check motion) and poke checks, with the Wiimote’s trigger used as a modifier to perform passes, dekes and other moves. The game can also be played with the Wiimote and Nunchuk alone, or even just the Wiimote."
Platform: Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2010, 09:55 AM   #2
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: EA Sports NHL Slapshot for Wii

Well, this is what we were all waiting for when we learned about the Wii and its motion controls.

Obviously, I prefer the other console games for my NHL fix. But this looks really cool. The Wii is a very family-oriented console, so this release may actually be a great sellling point for the NHL as a league instead of EA Sports as a video game company.

I don't think I would buy it, but I definitely would love to try it. I'm very interested in the controls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 05-30-2010, 11:29 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 15
LOL, another toy to watch people throw at their TV's on YouTube.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:55 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: EA Sports NHL Slapshot Coming To the Wii, September 7th, Ships With New Controlle

gretz looks pretty good in that picture.
I'll probably buy this since my wii has been collecting dust since i last played grand slam tennis a year ago
Old 05-30-2010, 12:23 PM   #5
Rookie

Re: EA Sports NHL Slapshot Coming To the Wii, September 7th, Ships With New Controlle

Wow, this thing made the front page on the Toronto Sun

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2010, 01:33 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 14

Thats the Toronto Sun for you...
Old 05-30-2010, 02:19 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

Maybe having the Great One advertising the product means they have reached an agreement to have some of the hockey greats put into the game.

I'd love to take Gretzky, Messier, Jagr, Lindros, Kurri, Hasek, Roy out for a game or two in 2011.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:28 PM   #8
Rookie

Someone who was at the community event has said its already the best looking Wii game and while I wouldn't put it above Nintendo's efforts (yet) already just by judging from one screenshot released, it already looks way better than 2K's hockey effort.

Last edited by infinityBCRT; 05-30-2010 at 02:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »