Home

EA Sports NHL Slapshot Coming To the Wii, September 7th, Ships With New Controller

This is a discussion on EA Sports NHL Slapshot Coming To the Wii, September 7th, Ships With New Controller within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2010, 12:03 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman
Yeah, it's hilarious isn't it. Because competition and having two options is a bad thing...
I think his point was that 2K lost the plot with making the next-gen games so instead of competing and making them better, they just decided to can it altogether and develop on Wii only because its been a cash cow for them for the last two years. Well now if EA runs away with Wii sales they have NOTHING left. There were hardcores on 360/PS3 that were loyal but now those people will get NHL 11, and there will be no loyalty on Wii, all those parents buying gifts for the holidays will be mesmerized with Wayne Gretzky on the box and the stick peripheral.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 12:17 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: EA Sports NHL Slapshot Coming To the Wii, September 7th, Ships With New Controlle

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityBCRT
I think his point was that 2K lost the plot with making the next-gen games so instead of competing and making them better, they just decided to can it altogether and develop on Wii only because its been a cash cow for them for the last two years. Well now if EA runs away with Wii sales they have NOTHING left. There were hardcores on 360/PS3 that were loyal but now those people will get NHL 11, and there will be no loyalty on Wii, all those parents buying gifts for the holidays will be mesmerized with Wayne Gretzky on the box and the stick peripheral.
Pretty much what I was getting at. Though it might help serve as a wake up call that if they (2k) actually put some money, marketing, and had an actual vision for the series, they too could rake in the dough and please the fanbase at the same time. Take a page out of EA Vancouver's playbook so to speak.

On topic, altho those might be bullshots looks like it could be a fun experience for those into the Wii.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:23 AM   #27
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: EA Sports NHL Slapshot Coming To the Wii, September 7th, Ships With New Controlle

This game definitely has my attention. I've been wanting EA's NHL series on the Wii for awhile now, and it's to see they are giving it the attention it deserves. The screens look amazing, and the Be A Pro could end up being the best on any console. I'm excited to see more.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:46 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 5

I may actually re-buy a Wii for this title. After getting my hands on it in Vancouver with QB and the others, I was definitely impressed.

Sept 7th is going to be a great day for hockey fans.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:09 AM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Pretty much what I was getting at. Though it might help serve as a wake up call that if they (2k) actually put some money, marketing, and had an actual vision for the series, they too could rake in the dough and please the fanbase at the same time. Take a page out of EA Vancouver's playbook so to speak.

On topic, altho those might be bullshots looks like it could be a fun experience for those into the Wii.
When cinemotion became a main feature of the 2K series, you know that whoever was in charge had no ****ing clue as to why 2K had sales issues.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:47 PM   #30
Rookie

Some Actual screenshots:

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »