Home

OOTP 11 Demo Available Now

This is a discussion on OOTP 11 Demo Available Now within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2010, 05:59 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
OOTP 11 Demo Available Now

For those of you still on the fence, the OOTP 11 demo is available now, weighing in at 183 MB.

Quote:
"Out of the Park Baseball 11 is the most sophisticated baseball simulation game on the market. The series has improved continuously since its inception eleven years ago, winning countless awards along the way, including multiple Sports Game of the Year awards. Features include 2010 Major League rosters, all historical leagues from 1871 through 2009, fully customizeable fictional leagues, online league play and unlimited career mode including free agency, first-year player draft, scouting system and the most realistic player development system ever. If you ever wanted to be the GM of a baseball franchise, this is the perfect game for you."

If you missed it, our review is right here.
Platform: PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2010, 01:27 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: OOTP 11 Demo Available Now

so is this worth buying, i have the previous versions however i feel recent ones are not that much of an improvement
Old 06-02-2010, 01:33 PM   #3
We'll waste him too.

snepp's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninian
so is this worth buying, i have the previous versions however i feel recent ones are not that much of an improvement

If you already have v10, not a huge upgrade.

Over v9, probably worth it for most people.

Over v7/8, definitely worth it.

Or you could just check out the demo and decide for yourself.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:16 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
The improvements to the draft with bonus demand, two-way players and generated stats for generated players was what won me over for this version and I have not been disappointed. There were other things but without knowing how one plays OOTP it's kinda hard knowing if they like it.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:04 AM   #5
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Huge upgrades from OOTP10, and I think it's definitely worth it no matter what version you have. This coming from a huge, huge fan of OOTP10 and someone who spent countless summer hours on that game.

OOTP11 drastically improved their drafting system. Making it more realistic with signing bonuses, signing difficulty with certain players, and including their college stats which also says whether or not their competition was strong or not.

Also includes the Facegen feature which I think is gold. No more trading for, for example, Nick Swisher to the Braves and seeing him still wearing a Yankees hat. Great idea by Markus or whoever thought of that.

There's tons more, but these are just what always stick out to me. Also they improved the speed of the game (much faster), the efficiency of downloading add-ons, and improved the interface of the game overall.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »