Home

NBA 2K11 Commercial (Footage Taken From NBA 2K10)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Commercial (Footage Taken From NBA 2K10) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2010, 09:08 PM   #9
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NBA 2K11 Commercial

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessenjahMatt
They did sneak in Jordan at the end, right before the D-Rose shot. Bulls #23 dunking on the Knicks (everyone else on the court are current players though)

Yep.

Very intelligently done.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:10 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 25

Anyone watching the NBA game right now, noticed that the trophy is not on the court??
Old 06-03-2010, 09:11 PM   #11
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

They should have waited..Made a trailer with 2k11 footage and just blown everyone out of the water with MJ footage.

Just my opinion of course..

Why show 2k10 footage and barely show the star of your game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2010, 09:23 PM   #12
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Agreed. That was a weird decision. But thats not new with 2k's marketing dept.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:29 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
They should have waited..Made a trailer with 2k11 footage and just blown everyone out of the water with MJ footage.

Just my opinion of course..

Why show 2k10 footage and barely show the star of your game?
eh, better to get a commercial at the start of the Finals than nothing at all. Though I think at least mentioning Jordan being in 2K11 would've been a good idea, with the same jersey shot they're using on the website.

But they're justified showing 2K10 footage with the "This is what the rest of the league is doing right now", meaning they're sitting at home playing 2K10 instead of being in the Finals.

That Jordan was most likely just a CAP at this stage, so they couldn't show anymore of him.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:33 PM   #14
EA Game Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessenjahMatt
eh, better to get a commercial at the start of the Finals than nothing at all. Though I think at least mentioning Jordan being in 2K11 would've been a good idea, with the same jersey shot they're using on the website.

But they're justified showing 2K10 footage with the "This is what the rest of the league is doing right now", meaning they're sitting at home playing 2K10 instead of being in the Finals.

That Jordan was most likely just a CAP at this stage, so they couldn't show anymore of him.
I just believe as a consumer it is better not to jump the gun. Wait 2 weeks..Stun everyone at E3 with a great commercial starring MJ and NBA 2k11 footage.

I don't believe you need to show a commercial just because its the finals..Especially when you show off old footage. I just have a bad feeling that this will confuse a lot of people who saw it just because they showed footage..and it said NBA 2k11.

They need to call you to do the 2k11 commercial with MJ By the way! haha
Old 06-03-2010, 10:05 PM   #15
Banned

90 percent of the gamers have no Freaking clue about the difference in graphics from year to year. They dont care either. Us internet posters are like in the 5-10 percent of the population, maybe even smaller.

Only us hardcore guys know the real difference and to marketing its not damaging. Go ask any casual gamer of any kind and they dont really care. Out of all my friends i am the only fairly hardcore gamer, and none of them even know the real differences until i go explain it to them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2010, 10:09 PM   #16
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Im just stumped as to why they didn't use the Jordan logo...That alone would have caused a stir to casuals who didn't hear the announcement.

Like I said, baffling when the oppertunity was staring right at them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »