Home

NBA Elite 11 Community Event Impressions (NLSC)

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 Community Event Impressions (NLSC) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2010, 07:50 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA Elite 11 Community Event Impressions (NLSC)

Our friends at NLSC have posted their NBA Elite 11 community event impressions. Look for more detailed info later this month from all of the community event members.

Quote:
"There are several producers from NBA Live 2005 working on Elite 11, which is great news. One of our recent polls at the NLSC resulted in NBA Live 2005 being the best Live ever. The producers were very open to our suggestions and we had extensive back and forth conversations about sports games in general. We told them things we liked and disliked about some of the sports games and what the Live series had been missing. Interacting with the producers and seeing them write down some of our ideas and gripes was stimulating, as they definitely showed how interested they are in creating the best basketball game that they can. I loved touring the NBA developer space and seeing where the game gets made. We found a couple issues from the build we played and after reproducing them in the dev space, they fixed them with a few clicks. It took them 30 seconds to fix what used to take hours or days in the past.

For all the people who thought that they didn't know basketball, guess again. We played against them on their NBA regulation court and these fellas could ball. One of them even threw down a nasty dunk on a fast break. Having not played full court basketball since I can remember, I was sore for two days after playing."
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2010, 08:58 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 30
Re: NBA Elite 11 Community Event Impressions (NLSC)

"EA Sports has had a sore reputation lately when it comes to basketball. While they have provided some good innovations, the fans still wanted something that Live just didn't provide. Don't get me wrong, NBA Live 10 is a good game, but after getting my hands on NBA Elite 11, I couldn't finish a quarter of Live 10. The differences are night and day. "

Awww, junk.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:42 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 5
Yawn...EA still is EA. Not buying any more EA game. My boycott is official. Displeased with their anti-gamer tactics. Here's an idea, stop updating rosters and charging $60.

Remember to boycott EA guys. So they will stop this whole charging for online codes on used games. This is the only price competition left for us gamers. Remember last time their was price competition, EA colluded with NFL to buy the licenses thus ending the competition between Madden ($60) and NFL 2k5($20) and continuing their tradition of crappy football games.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:00 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 39
I noticed when I went to an EA Community Event last year everybody was awe-struck and not speaking up. Many of them were just happy to be invited. I hate when people are not outspoken, they ruin it for everyone.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:47 PM   #5
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
"EA Sports has had a sore reputation lately when it comes to basketball. While they have provided some good innovations, the fans still wanted something that Live just didn't provide. Don't get me wrong, NBA Live 10 is a good game, but after getting my hands on NBA Elite 11, I couldn't finish a quarter of Live 10. The differences are night and day. "

Awww, junk.
ive learned not to listen to those who invited to community day because they so in aww they dont want to offend anyone. Ill just hold off judgment and excitement until i see some gameplay vids of the full game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2010, 11:47 PM   #6
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkAdrianPI
Yawn...EA still is EA. Not buying any more EA game. My boycott is official. Displeased with their anti-gamer tactics. Here's an idea, stop updating rosters and charging $60.

Remember to boycott EA guys. So they will stop this whole charging for online codes on used games. This is the only price competition left for us gamers. Remember last time their was price competition, EA colluded with NFL to buy the licenses thus ending the competition between Madden ($60) and NFL 2k5($20) and continuing their tradition of crappy football games.
I guess you probably won't be buying either game soon then... Take Two has expressed interest in the online pass as well...
Old 06-06-2010, 01:30 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyacid
ive learned not to listen to those who invited to community day because they so in aww they dont want to offend anyone. Ill just hold off judgment and excitement until i see some gameplay vids of the full game
I feel u, ken, and what I failed to add to my statement was the fact that I LOVED how Live 10 played, for the most part, so that highlighted part of that quote from the article is related to that.

As for MarkAdrianPI's statement, YAWN, the whole "fight the EA" are so tired. "Remember to boycott EA guys..." U go right ahead and do that. No dice over here.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:28 PM   #8
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyacid
That's fine that you want to hold off judgment but with you making that comment that we are in aww because we went makes you sound bitter and uniformed. We are stating what we saw and gave our early impressions Nothing more.

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »