Home

Five Things to Know About NHL 11 (ESPN Videogames)

This is a discussion on Five Things to Know About NHL 11 (ESPN Videogames) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2010, 08:28 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Five Things to Know About NHL 11 (ESPN Videogames)

This looks great, Im truly excited for this game!!!
Old 06-08-2010, 08:45 PM   #18
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

All sounds great.. any news on the presentation additions?
Old 06-08-2010, 08:52 PM   #19
Rookie

Not to be disruptive here, I am looking forward to NHL11!

But the news here doesn't really get me going yet, simply because I've been playing those features in the 'other' game for the past few years.

- faceoff tie-up strategies, puck physics, more 1-on-1 dekes, ( jumping over players: http://community.2ksports.com/commun...fm?mediaid=365 ) It's all been there in the 2K series for a while now.. so I'm kinda 'meh' to all these new features...

The 'organic' feeling of gameplay they're talking about for NHL11, I hope, comes not from unintentional puck physics, but rather from how the CPU adjusts their on-ice positioning according the situation on the ice. Again, it's been there in 2K already for years, esp. 2K10.

Whenever I play NHL 10, the A.I. feels like it's locked into set positions like the 'steel-rod' hockey games of old. ( yes.. the Create-a-Play tools... but i shouldn't have to do all that work to make my CPU teamates go to the places they should go.)

As i mentioned, I am looking forward to NHL 11. Let's hope for some great A.I. this year.

peace and
Old 06-08-2010, 09:26 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 18

Holy ****!
Old 06-09-2010, 12:24 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

I think I figured out the deking system, if I'm right. . .

The new dekes that we will see are "quick dekes" pulled off by "flicks" along with the left bumper

Quote:
"But none of these dekes are gimmicks. They're all counters to what people can do defensively. You can drop the puck down to your skates, and that's a counter to guys who like to poke check. The quick dekes left or right are a great counter to the guys who like to hit. These all just add to the overall gameplay balance on the ice."
these dekes would be essentially fast counters to other fast moves that the defense can pull off(dives, poke checks, hits etc...). That said, we will probably see the same style of one on one deking as last year where you can pull off more effective(crazy) dekes with a "set up" and "pull" with the right stick/left bumper, also Luger said that some of the old ones were removed, so expect to see a few new one on one dekes aside from the "quick dekes".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 01:27 PM   #22
Rookie

PBlast's Arena

OVR: 8

This is great, and even if it's the same game as last year with those 5 improvements it would be well worth purchase price. What I'm wondering about is if they're eventually going to try stepping it up a bit in the broadcast presentation aspect, lots of room for improvement there.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:44 PM   #23
Rookie

The Visualizer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBlast
This is great, and even if it's the same game as last year with those 5 improvements it would be well worth purchase price. What I'm wondering about is if they're eventually going to try stepping it up a bit in the broadcast presentation aspect, lots of room for improvement there.
I think you are downplaying the new physics engine, that's gonna make a lot of difference in how the game feels and plays, it should be almost as huge a leap as when they first went to the dual stick controls in 07. Remember these few features mentioned are only small morsels to whet our appetites for whats to come. EA likes to slow drip their leaks to build hype for their sports game's releases.

Old 06-09-2010, 01:52 PM   #24
Rookie

PBlast's Arena

OVR: 8

Definitely not meaning to downplay it, I agree it's a huge advancement for not only the series but video games in general. I'm just saying that broadcast presentation hasn't typically been something they address, and it's something I'm sure they can build upon. But yeah, like you said, more info to come I'm sure. Either way I'm really loving what I'm seeing and hearing so far, it's a great time to be a hockey gamer haha.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »