Home

Old 06-09-2010, 12:29 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Backbreaker Review

When you see the number 12, what do you think of? A dozen eggs? The months of a year? Well, how about my first 12 possessions in a Human vs. CPU game of Backbreaker: fumble, fumble, fumble, interception, interception, field goal, interception, interception, interception, interception, fumble and interception.

Simply put, Backbreaker has turned a sports gamer’s nightmare into a reality by failing to live up to its hype.

Read More - Backbreaker Review
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 12:43 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Backbreaker Review

Very disappointed in OperationSports for allowing a review like this.... edit- I'm talking about the head editor.

OS BackBreaker reviewer -
"I say that because the gameplay in Backbreaker is its biggest downfall by far. It does not even feel as realistic as an old NFL Blitz title."

I mean really?

its not about it deserving a high score or a bad score or what ever....but I don't know how anyone can take a review from a professional sports videogame site like OS has been viewed as, serious when one of their reviewers says something like this.....seems like someone is reaching.

but enjoy the hits I guess.

Last edited by Afrikan; 06-09-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:44 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 2
u have to understand and break down the game before u give such a poor review...i totally dissagree with a 5/10...i would say 7/10
Old 06-09-2010, 12:49 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5
Very weak review.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:50 PM   #5
Rookie

EyeAmBaldman's Arena

OVR: 13
I have a feeling this guy has bad stat lines because he's just not very good at passing. Just because you haven't learned to play the game yet doesn't make it a bad game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 12:51 PM   #6
Rookie

Draxion's Arena

OVR: 4
Big thumbs down, dont disagree with this review at all.
As some one said above me " It does not even feel as realistic as an old NFL Blitz title.", have you played the game? Have you seen the line interactions,the wr/DB,the running, the defense? Granted there are problems, QB AI being one of them, but this review is just wrong.

Listen up people, this game has a solid core and the most realistic interactions ever (better then madden), the gameplay is solid and IMO this is the closest sim game i have seen in years (no tron jogging,warping,AI mind reading your plays,or cheating AI). The AI is iffy and there are a lack of features, but this game is a solid 7 out of 10.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:52 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0
This review is obviously from a loyal Madden fanatic. In terms of my personal experience I would have to say that Backbreaker overall is probably the most realistic football game in terms of physical action. Tackles, catching, and agility moves have never looked better. However, this game, like any other has it's flaws. The A.I. for instance needs some tuning up, outside of that, this game did pretty good for its first year and still very fun to play. I give Backbreaker a 7.5 / 10.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:52 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Backbreaker Review

Wow, just wow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »