Home

Old 06-09-2010, 12:53 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Backbreaker Review

edit this-

"Simply put, Backbreaker has turned a sports gamer’s nightmare into a reality by failing to live up to its hype."

to this

"Simply put, Backbreaker has turned this sports gamer's nightmare into a reality by failing to live up to its hype."

I don't know who "a" is suppose to be.

sorry if what I'm trying to say is coming off the wrong way......I just expect more from OS compared to Commercial Gaming Sites like GameSpot and IGN......when it comes to reviews regarding sports games.

sports gamers need to turn to someone when it comes to reviews....and I still hope OS can be the place.

Last edited by Afrikan; 06-09-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:55 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

Hey guys, maybe Backbreaker isnt as good as you think it is.... Every review site tends to agree the game is mediocre at best.

I enjoy it. Love the customization stuff. But the actual football part is atrocious.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:56 PM   #11
All Star

OVR: 33

The running camera angle is very unintuitive. When running towards the sideline, you can't see the inside. Which is strange because ur player looking to the inside. Why the camera doesn't rotate is quite perculiar.

I agree that this game will be more fun with friends as you marvel at the awesome hits.

The switching throwing targets is kind clunky and not intuitive either. Targets change via progressions instead of direction of the right stick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 12:56 PM   #12
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

I am shocked that this actually came out from OS. This is probably the most unprofessional review I have seen and there have been some pretty bad ones out there.

"Well, how about my first 12 possessions in a Human vs. CPU game of Backbreaker: fumble, fumble, fumble, interception, interception, field goal, interception, interception, interception, interception, fumble and interception."

The odds of this being true and not an exaggeration are slim to none. And if this is in fact true then I would sugegst that a new individual be found to provide the websites opinion on sports games.

Again, as others have mentioned, this is not a matter of score or a negative review, but just an unprofessional and misleading review.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:57 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 8

[reviewer x] insert new sports video game
[reviewer x] can i engage in mindless button smashing and be successful?
[reviewer x] answer is 'no'... produce mindless review.
[reviewer x] next
Old 06-09-2010, 12:58 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
The running camera angle is very unintuitive. When running towards the sideline, you can't see the inside. Which is strange because ur player looking to the inside. Why the camera doesn't rotate is quite perculiar.

I agree that this game will be more fun with friends as you marvel at the awesome hits.

The switching throwing targets is kind clunky and not intuitive either. Targets change via progressions instead of direction of the right stick.
Tap focus he will then look inside...
Old 06-09-2010, 12:59 PM   #15
MVP

mestevo's Arena

I believe Gameplay in that sentence doesn't represent the play of the game, but rather how it represents football.

Can't really find much else wrong with the review though, you either love it or hate it, and if you went into it expecting anything close to what you see on Sundays, you will hate it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 01:01 PM   #16
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiders81tim
Tap focus he will then look inside...
ok thanks for the tip.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »