Home

OS Has Writing Positions Available

This is a discussion on OS Has Writing Positions Available within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
OS Has Writing Positions Available

Do you love sports games and sometimes take them just a bit too seriously? Do you have a knack for putting words together in a coherent and readable fashion which people find enjoyable?

Then you might just be perfect to be one of the next writers here at Operation Sports!

Operation Sports is currently looking for feature writers to write three columns per month on the world of sports gaming. You would be responsible for commenting on the status of the sports gaming world in your own unique way while also interacting with the rest of the writing staff to produce exciting new content. A broad knowledge of different sports is a bonus, but we are willing to listen to anyone who specializes in one sport as well!

To apply, send the following to us at apply at operationsports.com.

Your Name
OS Username
What sports/games you can write about
Theoretical name(s) for a column by you
Three sample article ideas
Two short examples of your writing (400-600 words)

Failure to include all of the info, well it just won't be good for your application. Deadline to submit an application is June 20, 2010. We look forward to hearing from you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 01:45 PM   #2
Rookie

Filosofer's Arena

OVR: 0
Do the short writing examples need to pertain to sports games themselves, or are other examples sufficient?
Old 06-10-2010, 02:25 PM   #3
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filosofer
Do the short writing examples need to pertain to sports games themselves, or are other examples sufficient?
Nope, it can be other stuff as well Filo.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:25 PM   #4
Rookie

How do the free games work exactly? Do you get the game early to do a review and then send it back in? Or is it simply a free game? I know a couple of people who got an early copy of Red Dead Redemption to write a review but had to send it back after a certain amount of time.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:30 PM   #5
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBlaze827
How do the free games work exactly? Do you get the game early to do a review and then send it back in? Or is it simply a free game? I know a couple of people who got an early copy of Red Dead Redemption to write a review but had to send it back after a certain amount of time.
We didn't mention anything about free games for these positions because we aren't looking for reviewers at this time, but some of the guys brought in in the coming weeks might be pushed up to reviewer status at some point.

So in that case, you simply usually get the game for free either from the company or we get it for you. But if you are wanting free games first and foremost, I would steer clear since that's a very small aspect of the bigger picture for these positions. It is a nice bonus, but you can ask anyone that the experience was the real gem for them. Several of our previous writers at OS have used their experience here + their education to land quality jobs across the sports spectrum.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 06:46 PM   #6
Rookie

halltj2's Arena

"Too apply" LOL Can I apply for editor? :P
Old 06-10-2010, 06:47 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: OS has writing positions available

Hi guys,
I'm a journalism senior at the University of Central Oklahoma. I maintain a sports blog and I'm published in both a University newspaper and a municipal publication in Hennessey, OK. (Not tooting my horn, just letting you know that I am capable of working in the business... and also tooting my horn.)

My one question, should I go ahead and throw my hat into the ring, is 'Does proximity matter?' Not sure where Operation Sports is Located, but I think it's safe to say it's not Oklahoma.

Thanks, -Ryan
Old 06-10-2010, 06:57 PM   #8
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: OS has writing positions available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryn Vintage1986
Hi guys,
I'm a journalism senior at the University of Central Oklahoma. I maintain a sports blog and I'm published in both a University newspaper and a municipal publication in Hennessey, OK. (Not tooting my horn, just letting you know that I am capable of working in the business... and also tooting my horn.)

My one question, should I go ahead and throw my hat into the ring, is 'Does proximity matter?' Not sure where Operation Sports is Located, but I think it's safe to say it's not Oklahoma.

Thanks, -Ryan
Proximity doesn't matter at all. Everything is done online so if you're in Oklahoma you're set

Pretty sure we have another Oklahoma boy on staff as well

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »