Home

Madden NFL 11 Blog: E3 Feature Announcement and Career Modes Update

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Blog: E3 Feature Announcement and Career Modes Update within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 02:44 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: E3 announcement and career mode update

I'm very happy they decided to focus on core gameplay this year, I just hope they are successful. I could care less about franchise since I have never touched it, however I feel for the guys that are die hard franchise players. They have to wait over a year to (potentially) finally get what they want, hopefully Madden 12 will be worth the wait for these guys.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:45 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 9

Are you ****ing kidding me?

Franchise is LITERALLY the only reason I play Madden. I hate Online play. Way to neglect franchise guys on next gen for like 6 years in a row...

This killed all my hope for Madden 11. Its a no buy for me. I won't even waste money to rent it- I'll try at someone's house or something

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:46 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 15

With them apparently not even touching offline or on-line franchise mode the gameplay and presentation better be the best we have ever seen in a football videogame period.

Unfortunately, I dont think the passing game, WR/DB interaction, true pocket forming, OL PASS blocking, and tackling were touched much at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2010, 02:46 PM   #12
Rookie

warrior7807's Arena

OVR: 7

Old 06-11-2010, 02:46 PM   #13
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

that's really disappointing that franchise isn't improving
Old 06-11-2010, 02:46 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrobag
this takes all the anticipation out of madden 11 for me. They should have been asking about this a year ago. I love the offline franchise mode and now there is not much to look forward to.

By reading that I think all they did was fix Stats, something that should never have been broken to begin with...

Madden Player > < EA Devs
^
This is how I feel right now
Old 06-11-2010, 02:47 PM   #15
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

This place cracks me up over and over people have said if EA was just straight up with us and said something isn't going to be in the game just say it well they did. also everything that seemed to bother us also has been fixed from 10 so they are saying 12 is going to be what a franchise should be. I can live with that, but that just me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2010, 02:48 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Nice of them to admit it... and nice to hear they're re-building it from the ground up.

Considering the fact the Franchise Mode is not part of the in-game engine, it's somewhat ridiculous that they couldn't have had a 'dedicated team' re-building the entire mode starting during the development of Madden 10 (or 9, or 8, or...) while fixing the fundamentals of the gameplay concurrently.

Unfortunately, having 'a dedicated team' is something that should have been done long ago. I've never been a Madden-basher - I've bought it every year and play it a lot - but that is kind of ridiculous.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »