Home

Madden NFL 11 Makes Co-Op Online Football Fun w/ Video (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Makes Co-Op Online Football Fun w/ Video (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2010, 11:38 AM   #9
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: New interview/footage at ign

Well if you would notice at the 2:55 mark and onward. You will see the Panthers Left DE picking up quick speed and getting around the right tackle quick to the bucs QB. I'm impressed. The D on this video looks to be solid at stopping the run at certain points of the video. So the D can slow down the run game despite the new oline running blocking scheme. I'm impressed.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 06-12-2010 at 11:41 AM.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:42 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 15

Is this the normal gameplay camera or a seperate camera for this co-op mode? I think that camera looks great! It appropriately zooms in on run plays and zooms out so you can see the whole field on passing plays. Also, when the ball is passed the camera follows the ball better then in past iterations IMO.

I agree there needs to be more banter between Collinsworth and Gus, but Gus Johnson sounds great when he is talking. Also, it does seem the crowd sounds much more alive and reacts to appropriate situations, but I need to see more un-cut gameplay to tell.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:44 AM   #11
Rookie

Icarus2k9's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I can't believe the managed to turn Gus Johnson into Tom Hammond. That commentary is horrible, too much dead space. The game needs banter. Yuck.

He finishes the 'He's gonna pass' commentary as the ball is caught. That line should only be used on a play fake, or triggered immediately after 'they hike the ball, and he's gonna pass', though I wouldn't say it that even as it's not natural.

Says they tuned the cameras where 'everybody is happy'. Does that mean a customizable camera finally?
I came in to wonder if anyone else thought the commentary was completely average, or if it was just me. the problem is you can hear the silent triggers for each line, if that makes sense. Hearing Chris's M10 lines, and then Gus's M11 lines fit around them, doesn't help either - gives the whole thing a cut and paste feel.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2010, 11:45 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 14

LOL at the commentary!

And why bother having a specific route to run when you can just run wherever you want
Old 06-12-2010, 11:47 AM   #13
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus2k9
I came in to wonder if anyone else thought the commentary was completely average, or if it was just me. the problem is you can hear the silent triggers for each line, if that makes sense. Hearing Chris's M10 lines, and then Gus's M11 lines fit around them, doesn't help either - gives the whole thing a cut and paste feel.
In my opinion the announcing sounds fine. I have no complaints. But that's only my opinion.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:52 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 15

Great news for pre-play cameras! It seems they have listened to us and added showing the defense breaking the huddle instead of just the QB walking to the line of scrimmage everytime. Around the 3:23 mark in the video it shows the bears defense getting into defensive position. I am not a huge fan of that particular camera angle but atleast there may be some variety rather then just showing the QB waling to the LOS everytime.

I really wish Ian would release that HD gameplay footage he has.

Last edited by ch46647; 06-12-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:54 AM   #15
Rookie

Icarus2k9's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
In my opinion the announcing sounds fine. I have no complaints. But that's only my opinion.
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, it's more than serviceable. It's better than Hammond. I would have liked them to record some new Chris stuff (not risking spelling the surname) just to make the whole thing sound fresh, and I am never a fan of pointless banter-type bits...because jokes and asides and ramblings get old quick.

Maybe I just expected to hear a buttery smooth commentary like a broadcast there - I just don't like hearing joins, that's all. And you can't deny you could hear the seams, particularly as each line had exactly the same starting pacing and tone - just like someone reading line by line off a script.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2010, 11:56 AM   #16
All Star

OVR: 21

The commentary is still as generic as it comes; I guess they thought having Gus Johnson deliver the lines with a little more emotion was all that was needed. It's not. Sounds too stilted, and doesn't sound like he and Collinsworth were even in the room at the same time. But that's a small sample size. It may end up sounding even more awkward than Hammond did.

The lack of player interaction really stands out. Just a lot of 1-on-1 interactions on tackles, player's directions not really being changed by hits. Although I did see what looked like some free-forming double-team blocks on the O-line. Still the players move almost lifelessly, just no organic movement. Still too robotic. Don't know why they can't get variable strides right; players just have that same skating look when they're running in the open field.

Saw a play where the defensive end got upfield nicely so guess there's hope for that. If they haven't made improvements to give you more options on defense to disguise coverages and such... Biggest issues for me are the robotic movement, lifelessness overall, and the lack of player interaction. Looks better graphically; better player models

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »