Home

NHL 11 Spike TV Trailer

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Spike TV Trailer within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2010, 05:59 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: NHL 11 First trailer(spike tv)

I can't wait until September.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:09 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

that was pretty decent, i love the new hits
Old 06-12-2010, 06:51 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Thanks for posting this NBA.

Oh man...the face-offs look so much better. Quite a bit better than the puck simply sliding to one player or the other, as in '10'.

Even the linesman moving outta the way looks way better. Great to see some videos starting to come in.
No prob man, I checked this out today and it wasn't on the site so yeaah.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2010, 07:00 PM   #12
Rookie

ianlast's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NHL 11 Spike TV Trailer

This is just a personal opinion and nothing more, but I don't understand why checking is the first 'real-time physics based' aspect that is being introduced into the NHL series. Yes, the splattering hits and ***-over-teakettle hip checks look cool, but really, how often do you see hits like this in real life? Once every other game?

For the life of me, I can't figure out why they haven't chosen to work on a physics-based approach to the bread-and-butter of real hockey, that being the skating. From what I can tell based on these early vids, it still looks like the same goofy skating system. No momentum, no weight, unrealistic agility, etc.

Not to jump on this game so early, I know these fluff trailers are hardly indicative of the final product. I'm just beginning to get concerned that this game might be starting to plateau a bit from a realism standpoint.

Last edited by ianlast; 06-12-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:45 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianlast
This is just a personal opinion and nothing more, but I don't understand why checking is the first 'real-time physics based' aspect that is being introduced into the NHL series. Yes, the splattering hits and ***-over-teakettle hip checks look cool, but really, how often do you see hits like this in real life? Once every other game?
Exactly my beef, fix the skating FIRST then everything else should fall into place.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:08 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

I hope I'm wrong in saying this, but why do I feel like they're going to plug a few holes in this game only to open up a few others... As has been noted here above, I hope the hip-checks are not played up so much in the release. But something tells me a patch on that will be forthcoming...
Old 06-12-2010, 08:23 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
I hope I'm wrong in saying this, but why do I feel like they're going to plug a few holes in this game only to open up a few others... As has been noted here above, I hope the hip-checks are not played up so much in the release. But something tells me a patch on that will be forthcoming...
Anything's possible harshy, the difference being if a patch is needed to address it, we'll more than likely see it happen. Unlike alot of other publishers who either take so long to patch or don't issue patches at all on particular platforms. I think its the attitude that makes the difference, the interaction with the fanbase early and often, the CD's etc. The NHL team has shown to me at least that they care about the product and want to try and make the game as realistic as possible while still trying to bring in the casual fanbase at the same time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2010, 09:57 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1
Nice, can't wait to see more

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »