Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Video: Personality +

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Video: Personality + within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2010, 09:24 AM   #9
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Video: Personality +

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Good stuff here. Of course it does confirm my belief that virtually all ratings have meant nothing in this game up to this point. They're just "in the game" with no meaning.

If we've had all of these ratings in the game for the last three years and they worked properly why would they have to sell "personality" as a feature? I think it's this way for ALL sports games.
I think they are going about selling this all wrong because you're right, they way they are describing makes me believe that ratings never really mattered outside of speed/strength. Pretty much all pro games have made authentic graphical representation a must but unlike the others (NBA, NHL?, Madden) FIFA has had little difference in the on-field playing styles differentiating players. 1st touches are the same for 2nd tier English players and Messi. Average MFs can pass like Xavi & Pirlo. ST's can tackle and win battles like Defenders. Hopefully this is a step towards eliminating that.

I don't expect all the players to play 100% realistic but there needs to be different running styles, animations that only certain players can do, tricks/skills limited to players with ability, etc...
Old 06-13-2010, 09:23 PM   #10
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Video: Personality +

THS IS ANOTHER GIMMICK, turning speed with the ball does not seperate players.

how they get "personality" from these changes is wow, basically all bad players will play the same and all good rated players will play the same this is stupid......

messi should keep close control, while a guy like ronaldo uses tricks or high skilled moves to take on defenders with out this type of PERSONALITY we are still stuck in the stone ages........

not to mention if the cpu cant slow the ball or walk its pointless to play this game

#18 greatest EVA....

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »