Home

Madden NFL 11 Screenshots - 35 of Them (Wii)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Screenshots - 35 of Them (Wii) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2010, 03:55 PM   #9
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Madden NFL 11 Screenshots - 35 of Them (Wii)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
Yes, it is.

The Wii doesn't have the graphic processing power that the Next-Gen consoles (360/PS3) have.

You don't buy a Wii for the graphics - you buy it for the motion-controller stuff.
EA could make the Wii Madden look realistic if they wanted to. Just look at Madden 07-08 for Wii. Both have the PS2 type look. But EA chose to cater exclusively to casual gamers for Wii version of Madden, thus the cartoony look for the past few versions. Disappoints me that they took that direction, but it is what it is. I know plenty of people that would be interested in Wii Madden if not for that kiddish look it has.

EDIT: Does anyone else notice the scoreboard in the Eli screenshot looks a LOT like CBS' scoreboard for NFL? Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but that could add to speculation of Network Presentation.

PSN: dsavbeast

Last edited by rangerrick012; 06-14-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:55 PM   #10
Rookie

BuzzKardzrool's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't get why people complain about the cartoony graphics. Who cares? Most of you wouldn't be playing the Wii version anyway. It's a good way to separate it from the other version and give it it's own style. I've never played the Wii version but I like the cartoony graphics and I personally wish all the Wii sports games did something similar, aside from the rare successes like NHL 2K10 and Tiger Woods. It looks much better than sloppy PS2 graphics in 2010.

Last edited by BuzzKardzrool; 06-14-2010 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Slight grammatical change.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:10 PM   #11
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzKardzrool
I don't get why people complain about the cartoony graphics. Who cares? Most of you wouldn't be playing the Wii version anyway. It's a good way to separate it from the other version and give it it's own style. I've never played the Wii version but I like the cartoony graphics and I personally wish all the Wii sports games did something similar, aside from the rare successes like NHL 2K10 and Tiger Woods. It looks much better than sloppy PS2 graphics in 2010.
I'm not as dissapointed in the graphics as I am in the direction EA chose to take w/ the Wii version of Madden. They've made it an arcade type game catered to casual gamers and kids. Of course as a hardcore Madden gamer that doesn't interest me, w/ the "All Play" direction they've taken.

I'd rather they tried to make a realistic version w/ motion controls, but EA found that to be too difficult and took the casual route instead. I would play it, but the graphics and art style just totally turn me away and make it more like a cartoon than an actual NFL game.

PSN: dsavbeast
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2010, 08:34 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 18

Is the Wii version playable with the classic controller?
Old 06-16-2010, 10:56 AM   #13
DickDalewood

OVR:
I love the look personally. Fits in with exactly what the Wii is, and to me, this honestly looks like it would be fun... as a second choice of course

Old 06-16-2010, 06:55 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
I love the look personally. Fits in with exactly what the Wii is, and to me, this honestly looks like it would be fun... as a second choice of course

same here.
i am a one console guy so chances of me playing it are slim, but i dig it.

its a happy madden
can u seriously get mad at that teddy bear of a lineman when his interaction with the DT goes wonky?
you'd just wanna give em a hug!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »