Home

NHL 11 Mini Fact Sheet

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Mini Fact Sheet within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2010, 10:15 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 11 Mini Fact Sheet

Game Info

Celebrating its 20th year, the franchise that captured 22 ‘Sports Game of the Year’ awards has raised the bar yet again with NHL 11.

Powered by an all-new Real-Time Physics Engine, NHL 11 lets you create highlight reel moments as you experience adrenaline-pumping NHL action with bigger hits, broken sticks, and faster dangles.

Whether you’re beginning your career in the Canadian Hockey League, dominating rivals in the EA SPORTS Hockey League, or assembling Hockey’s Ultimate Team, any moment can be a ‘WOW’ moment with NHL 11.

Overview
  • Revolutionary Real-Time Physics Engine—Pioneering the next step forward in team sports video game realism, the all-new Real-Time Physics Engine brings real-world highlight reel moments in-game like never before. From face-offs to body checks, real-world puck and player physics trigger true-to-life reactions. Now anything can happen, including the ability to shoot and make plays while lying on the ice.
  • More than 200 Gameplay Enhancements—An all-new faceoff system, quick dekes, the new Hit Stick, and hip checks are just some of the many gameplay improvements that make NHL11 the most authentic hockey video game experience to date.
  • All-New Broken Sticks—Broken sticks now affect the action in more ways than one. After snapping your stick on a wicked slapshot or having it broken in two from a hit, the play is never dead. Kick the puck to your teammate or have your teammate pass you his stick if you can’t make it to the bench to get a new one.
  • Be a Pro Enhanced—For the first time ever, begin your career playing for the Canadian Hockey League’s Memorial Cup. Playing with and against licensed CHL players from the Western Hockey League, Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, and Ontario Hockey League, experience both highs and lows of junior league hockey action. Get scouted, enter the NHL entry draft, and see if you can become the greatest player of all time.
  • All-New EASHL Dynasties—The EA SPORTS Hockey League takes online play to the next level as championship seasons are awarded with banner-raising ceremonies and new user celebrations that allow you to rub it in the faces of your biggest rivals. Prep your team for their playoff run with an all-new Practice mode.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2010, 10:25 PM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Nice. I don't like hockey very much. But might rent it when comes out.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:34 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: NHL 11 Mini Fact Sheet

anyone know what the "Hit Stick" is?? I must have missed that one
Old 06-14-2010, 10:38 PM   #4
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by akula
anyone know what the "Hit Stick" is?? I must have missed that one
On defense you have the ability to check either high or low. If you think Madden and hit stick (assuming you even play Madden), this feature has been around for quite some time.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:06 PM   #5
Rookie

tgisondi's Arena

OVR: 1
I really feel that NHL from EA delivers every year and has improved greatly each of the past three years. I am really looking forward to this year's version with some of the changes (Canadian junior teams, Hit Stick). I wish I played enough EASHL to see a banner raised. Also, as a Flyers fan, it will be nice to have the Flyers as a default team in the online quick match.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2010, 11:18 PM   #6
Rookie

Mikey88's Arena

OVR: 5

No GameFace? I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but i assumed it would be in the game this time around.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:37 PM   #7
Rookie

SwinginAs12's Arena

OVR: 10
Im very disappointed to see that the winter classic is forgotten yet again =(
Old 06-15-2010, 12:06 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwinginAs12
Im very disappointed to see that the winter classic is forgotten yet again =(
Not trying to be rude, but people need to realize that those aren't all the features, you can't write a couple of quick paragraps summaries of the entire game and all its features. There stilll more to be released from E3 and the community day invites

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »