Home

NCAA Football 11 Blog: Play Calling

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Blog: Play Calling within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2010, 11:27 PM   #17
Rookie

3nDAmornin's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Playcalling Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Wow! If you notice the SMU playbook screen they have a couple of plays that are actually Run & Shoot plays. I have several Mouse Davis playbooks as well as a June Jones playbook from Hawaii, and 61 X Choice and 60 Go are actual plays. In the screen they are in trips and these are called in the playbooks that I have as:

Early Rip 61 X Choice - Early Rip 60 Go

Just cool to see the actual plays in the game. Some cool option routes available there that haven't been in during past games.
GTech and Navy had these in 10. 60 Go and 60 Choice were the names. Pretty much the same routes though.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:46 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Playcalling Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3nDAmornin
GTech and Navy had these in 10. 60 Go and 60 Choice were the names. Pretty much the same routes though.

It certainly was sad that triple option teams got Run and Shoot routes/plays before teams like Hawaii/SMU(that actually run the R&S) did.

Hopefully, we get these same plays meshed with Motion from Balanced to trips + meshed with a PA Bubble/Run.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:33 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5
I have asked for this a million times and hopefully one day we will get it but we need layered play calling. It is time that we make the game more life like on that level.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:46 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA Football 11 Blog: Play Calling

I HATE the new playcalling screen

not only the scrolling left and right to see when you finally find your play, but if you by mistake move the stick up or down it'll switch PB's on you, delaying you even more and likely causing you to call the wrong play, not call a play at all (which result on man 2 cover) and likely cost you a timeout.

FAIL!

Spoiler
Old 06-15-2010, 01:01 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 9

Yuck gameplanning is back in was hoping they removed it. Stuff is garbage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2010, 01:05 PM   #22
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

I dont like the new screen because you can only select plays with "X", therefore you have to highlight the actual play. Whereas last year you could see 3 plays and pick them with like "X" or Triangle, or Square button
Old 06-15-2010, 01:18 PM   #23
Rookie

Arkavian's Arena

OVR: 4

I don't know who gave them the feedback on the play calling screens, but their judgment should be questioned... As many others have stated the new play call screen is garbage.

The old style was fine, heck even perfect IMO. The one thing that did NOT need to be messed with and they hacked it to pieces.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:27 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 8

Like most of you, I'm not a fan of the new play calling style. I don't think it's terrible but I don't want to be forced to call plays by formation in order to use the different packages. Madden did this last year and it was very frustrating for me. I'd like the option to search for pass plays but move one of my top WRs into the slot to play the matchups there...as it stands, I can't do that. As others have suggested, I REALLY hope that they left in the option to switch back to the old method...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »