Home

EA Sports MMA Video: Raw Gameplay from the E3 Floor

This is a discussion on EA Sports MMA Video: Raw Gameplay from the E3 Floor within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2010, 08:09 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
EA Sports MMA Video: Raw Gameplay from the E3 Floor

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2010, 08:16 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: EA Sports MMA Video: Raw Gameplay from the E3 Floor

I watched 0:24 about 5 times before I went on with the rest. That was hilarious.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:17 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

You would think they would have a person who has a clue about MMA doing the interview. Good vid though. Gameplay looks alot more fluid then 2010
Old 06-15-2010, 08:31 PM   #4
MVP

Parasight's Arena

OVR: 12

Those baby leg kicks were TERRIBLE. KO animation looked nice though.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:32 PM   #5
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by delspf
You would think they would have a person who has a clue about MMA doing the interview. Good vid though. Gameplay looks alot more fluid then 2010
some of it does. The ground game does, it looks like it makes a lot more sense in the transitions and the fact that you can BLOCK SUB attempts!
Standing it really doesn't look very good. It's technically 'smooth' and 'fluid'...but sometimes in a bad way. The punches for example (for the most part) do not accellerate towards the target, in fact the straight looks to be at it's slowest as it's approaching the target (bad). Leg kicks also looked like they were actually missing the target and not hitting anything. So quite a bit of the striking looks to have the same faults as fnr4 in the impact and illusion of power department.

Just from that video it looks as if I'd like a mix between EA's ground game, a mix of '09 and '10's striking and takedowns and 10's cage interaction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2010, 08:37 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
...you can BLOCK SUB attempts!
I was wondering about that. Looked like Miller kept putting his hand up to block Jacare from getting his arm around his neck; so there was no submission struggle/attempt yet - he was just working to try to even get into position for it. I hope that's what it was.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:44 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 30
Ground game looked REALLY smooth and fluid. Standing, wise, wasn't too sure about some of those kicks and punches but looks way better than the first footage that was shown. Still mucho time left til release and this footage is very encouraging.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:29 PM   #8
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
stand up looks better in 2010, ground game looks smoother in EA. But 2010 makes you work more to transition, this guy picks up the controller playing against a guy from EA and when he asks the guy what should i do the guy says you prob wanna take me down and then easily takes the EA guy down. Then he easily transitions on the ground, almost gets a submission, the gets up from Mayhem having his back. Then he knocks the guy out. It just seems like too easy of a game.

It seems like a fun game and i would consider buying it for a lower price but i think 2010 gets the feel of MMA and the atmosphere, presentation, and feel. Its hard to imagine fights getting past a 10 min 1st round in the EA game. But 2010's submissions SUCK!

Also, the guys glide too much in EA's game. In 2010 they at least have realistic footwork. Guys were gliding all over the place in that vid.

Like i said, looks like a decent game, not a bad 1st attempt, some positives, some negatives. But i won't pay more than $30 for it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »