Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Ravens vs. Titans Gameplay

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Ravens vs. Titans Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2010, 07:47 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 11 Ravens vs. Titans Gameplay

Still not feeling it. I'm hoping we get some more gameplay footage and can better see the changes. The audio is a disappointment.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:59 AM   #18
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Ravens vs. Titans Gameplay

They have the graphics and it looks great... Gameplay looks alright... Can't tell until we actually play the game tho... But I can't put my finger on it,,, It just feels bland watching that... I just rebought 2k5 ps2 and commentary is amazing... Whether you like those voices or not, The flow is great
Old 06-16-2010, 08:17 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 15

The game does look improved, I liked how the replays looked alot smoother this year and are not short replays like Madden10, also it seemed liked the replays keep showing even when the playbook screen came up which is a nice touch. I didn't like how easliy V.Young ran out that pocket and he and some other players did run like they are skating. It was a interesting video, not alot I disliked about it, can't wait to see more. Now the one thing im curious about is during replays will we finally get some multiple camera angle replay, not just replays being shown from just one or two views, we need atleast 6 or 7 different multiple views when that auto replay kicks in.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:37 AM   #20
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

The gameplay is noticeably smoother in my opinion and doesn't look as frantic as in years past. I hope someone comes through with more than 1-2 minute clips.

It's starting to become apparent that it's part of EA's marketing campaign to not really showcase their football games but rather let the demos speak for themselves (NCAA for example). If that's the case, I don't expect to see much more footage of Madden then we had pre-E3 .
Old 06-16-2010, 08:43 AM   #21
All Star

OVR: 21

Looked okay. I'd expect improvement; the question is how much improvement versus what was needed to be done. Hard to gauge during the short gameplay quip. Players don't seem to be noticeably sliding as much as in the NCAA demo. Unfortunately defense still seems like a prop; never see defenders making appropriate penetration/winning battles. They are way overdue for paying equal attention to the defensive side of the ball, it's past being a joke at this point. Still looks like lots of one-on-one player interaction, not much seems very organic.

Presentation wise their Ray Lewis dance still looks bad; cool that there are lots of replays but like NCAA, bad they're trying to do some super-close "Tiburon view" - really don't like it. From what I heard of the commentary, it's going to be poorly implemented again this year. For all the crap Ortiz got for his sexy player models comment, the "new" team makes sure not to miss on the core graphics year after year which look sharp overall. But would prefer they had less fidelity on the players on the field and used those resources to build up the sidelines and crowd in realtime

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 08:46 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I disagree, you are looking at the players all game, not the sidelines and crowd. I'd prefer they all be done great but if given the choice I think EA is making the right choice by investing the resources into the actual on-field players.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:51 AM   #23
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
The gameplay is noticeably smoother in my opinion and doesn't look as frantic as in years past. I hope someone comes through with more than 1-2 minute clips.

It's starting to become apparent that it's part of EA's marketing campaign to not really showcase their football games but rather let the demos speak for themselves (NCAA for example). If that's the case, I don't expect to see much more footage of Madden then we had pre-E3 .
I feel the same way. I would of thought that we would have had some gamefootage from madden fans on youtube who visited E3. I guess EA didn't allow them to do it this year. Crossing fingers for more footage then this.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:55 AM   #24
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I disagree, you are looking at the players all game, not the sidelines and crowd. I'd prefer they all be done great but if given the choice I think EA is making the right choice by investing the resources into the actual on-field players.
Granted they're different type spectator sports, but The Show, NBA2K, and [former] Live's crowds add immensely to the overall ambiance of games being played. It just makes it more immersive. Not making appropriate improvements to the elements surrounding the players make them seem as if they're playing in a fishbowl imo. There's just too sharp a contrast between the players on the field and what surrounds them, and it stands out. Other games/devs have realized they needed to get away from that effect

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »