Home

Gran Turismo 5 Hands-On Preview and Collector's Edition Detailed (Eurogamer, GV)

This is a discussion on Gran Turismo 5 Hands-On Preview and Collector's Edition Detailed (Eurogamer, GV) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2010, 04:30 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Gran Turismo 5 Hands-On Preview and Collector's Edition Detailed (Eurogamer, GV)

Eurogamer has posted their hands-on impressions of Gran Turismo 5.

Quote:
"There are two types of car in Gran Turismo, apparently: premium cars and standard cars. The latter, it's worth noting, are only standard by Yamauchi's exacting principles: there's over 800 of them, they cover the majority of the vehicles included in all the previous Gran Turismo games, including the PSP version, and they've been optimised and upscaled for the PS3.

If that bothers you, a show reel of standard cars - Dodge muscle numbers, streamlined F1 concepts, and something that looks to my untrained eye like a Mini Clubman with way too many rallying headlights - hardly makes them seem shabby. They're glossy, finely detailed, and a fair match for anything you might have seen in Project Gotham or Forza.

The 200 premium cars that take the final count past the 1000 mark are something else, however. The premiums have been lavished with a slightly worrying amount of detail - every single screw is visible in the hubs, the interiors have been recreated down to the stitching (standard cars won't have interiors, which is a bit sad, but there are, like, 800 of them), and their undersides have been comprehensively modelled to take into account a new physics system which, along with allowing for dents and scratches, can sends your ride flipping through the air during collisions."

Gran Turismo 5 Collector's Edition Detailed (Gamervision)

Quote:
"Yesterday Sony made a lot of gamers happy by finally announcing a release date for the long awaited Gran Turismo 5, which will be in stores on November 2nd of this year. Since fans of the series have been waiting over two years to get their hands on something other than the Prologue, it's only natural that the level of anticipation is through the roof. Looking to cash in on those high hopes, developer Polyphony Digital has announced the GT5 Collector's Edition, which includes a handful of "must-have items" inspired by the game.

Those items are:
  • Exclusive 1:43 scale diecast 2009 Nissan GT-R Spec V
  • In-depth 300-page car guide
  • Gran Turismo branded key chain
  • Five DLC cars
  • A numbered certificate of authenticity
  • "Premium" packaging
Platform: PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 04:35 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Collector's edition for me
Old 06-16-2010, 04:59 PM   #3
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Gran Turismo 5 Hands-On Preview and Collector's Edition Detailed (Eurogamer, GV)

Ditto

Collectors here as well.

LOVE the series! Car enthusiasts virtual crack.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:28 PM   #4
Strategy

OVR: 36
I can't wait for this game. I first played this game back on PS1 in 98.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:56 PM   #5
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
So only 9 Nascars? I was hoping they had most of the real drivers if not all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 09:47 PM   #6
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Gran Turismo 5 Hands-On Preview and Collector's Edition Detailed (Eurogamer, GV)

The premiums have been lavished with a slightly worrying amount of detail - every single screw is visible in the hubs, the interiors have been recreated down to the stitching (standard cars won't have interiors, which is a bit sad, but there are, like, 800 of them)

Am I understanding this right? The 800 "Standard" cars will not have an in car view?
Old 06-16-2010, 09:56 PM   #7
Pro

techhokies's Arena

OVR: 12

I took it as the 800 standard cars will have standard interiors, not down to the stitching of their real life counterparts like the premium cars.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:34 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by techhokies
I took it as the 800 standard cars will have standard interiors, not down to the stitching of their real life counterparts like the premium cars.
I hope you're right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »