Home

Madden NFL 11 Preview (Joystiq)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Preview (Joystiq) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2010, 09:23 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Madden NFL 11 Preview (Joystiq)

Joystiq has posted their Madden NFL 11 preview.

Quote:
"Offensive and defensive shifts also have a new control input: the d-pad. When doing coverage audibles and moving your defensive line around pre-snap, you initiate these last-minute changes by hitting the corresponding direction on the d-pad, streamlining the whole process. While that's all well and good, for somebody who's been playing Madden since, like, forever, it took a bit getting used to. Suffice to say, I couldn't set up my defense with the proficiency I could in previous games. It's just something new I'm going to have to get used to and hardly a deal breaker.

Regardless of which side of the line you're on, the new Game Flow system also offers a new dynamic to the game. By taking into account a player's behavior, it'll select plays based on your play style and a set of parameters you provide. EA promised that players would be able to calibrate it once the final game launches, but in my time with the game it was little more than a random play selector. After passing it several times in a row, I then went to Game Flow only to have the game select a play-action pass for me. That's not something most coaches would do, you know?

EA also promised quicker games this time around and I definitely felt that in the demo. In around ten-to-fifteen minutes, I almost sped through two quarters of play. For online enthusiasts who don't want to spend the 40 minutes it took to get through a game before, this will surely be an improvement."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 09:53 PM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Joystiq.com Madden11 Preview

Nice write up by joystick.com. But nothing new we ain't already herd before. But feels the same as madden 10. That's their opinion.LOL. Until I've played the demo. I will hold off final judgement.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:51 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 36

Could have sworn Ian tweeted he was adding in the new presentation...Where is it?
Old 06-16-2010, 11:38 PM   #4
Banned

N@X_WiZaRD's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey225
Could have sworn Ian tweeted he was adding in the new presentation...Where is it?
The "new" presentation was:
- Gus Johnson
- Drew Brees' Pep Rally
- Locker Room scenes + Random Fan Cameos
- More Sideline chatter

I use the word "new" facetiously of course, because none of the additions are really new, just expanded alterations of what we already had. Pretty sure they didn't do anything to the half-time show (since none of the E3 invitees have commented about it).
Old 06-16-2010, 11:42 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8

Last year I thought he said the halftime show would be built on quite a bit...and I actually believe him. Is it enough to make me drop $70? Not likely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 11:47 PM   #6
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by N@X_WiZaRD
- Gus Johnson
- Drew Brees' Pep Rally
- More Sideline chatter

I use the word "new" facetiously of course, because none of the additions are really new, just expanded alterations of what we already had. Pretty sure they didn't do anything to the half-time show (since none of the E3 invitees have commented about it).
I heard that the halftime show in the E3 build is just highlights... no commentary or overlays. So yeah... guessing that they really can't say anything about it since it seems like it's still being worked on.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:16 AM   #7
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by N@X_WiZaRD
- Gus Johnson
- Drew Brees' Pep Rally
- More Sideline chatter

Don't forget the Ray Lewis dance. (Unless it was there last year)
Old 06-17-2010, 12:18 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 16

Don't forget the team chants and the specific stadium music!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »