Home

OS E3 Madden NFL 11 Videos

This is a discussion on OS E3 Madden NFL 11 Videos within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2010, 01:59 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Watch the 1st video at 0:36. The defender over pursues the runner, and instead of letting him go the blocker turns around to chase the defender, leaving the other defender to come through and make the tackle untouched. I'm sorry, but the blocking is not fixed. If a defender has taken himself out of the play then the lead blocker should not follow him or even pay attention to him even if that's 'his guy'. The lead blocker should continue looking up field and find the next guy to block.
Yea, u got that right but hopefully it's slip by the AI and is not the norm
Old 06-17-2010, 02:55 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: OS E3 Madden NFL 11 Videos

Quote:
Watch the 1st video at 0:36. The defender over pursues the runner, and instead of letting him go the blocker turns around to chase the defender, leaving the other defender to come through and make the tackle untouched. I'm sorry, but the blocking is not fixed. If a defender has taken himself out of the play then the lead blocker should not follow him or even pay attention to him even if that's 'his guy'. The lead blocker should continue looking up field and find the next guy to block.
In all fairness here, if you freeze the video right at :36 I think it's asking a bit much of the AI to totally ignore a potential threat that just went by and is no more than three yards past him. You can see the lineman's head has already turned to the left as well to engage. The next potential threat was still a good 6-8 yds away to his right on the inside of the 40. EA will never be able to win in circumstances like this. And just for the record I haven't purchased Madden in the last 2 years.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:14 PM   #11
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

What does you not purchasing Madden for 2 years have to do with anything?

Thanks for posting the vid. Gus Johnson adds alotta excitement to the game. Hopefully he recorded alot of audio and doesn't become predictable a month into the game. I purchase Madden every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2010, 03:28 PM   #12
MVP

CaliDude916's Arena

OVR: 14

Finally!!!!!! I get to see some gameplay of my Niners!!! And I must say, they're lookin pretty good.

Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by CaliDude916; 06-17-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:02 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
What does you not purchasing Madden for 2 years have to do with anything?

Thanks for posting the vid. Gus Johnson adds alotta excitement to the game. Hopefully he recorded alot of audio and doesn't become predictable a month into the game. I purchase Madden every year.
I was just making a point that I wasn't defending the video because I'm a biased Madden head. I call it like I see it and that criticism was over the top it my opinion.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:59 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 3
They still have the same crappy sidelines. Everybody on the sidelines is wearing the same facemask again. WTF? Are they ever gonna address the sidelines? I understand that they probably can't get the sideline players look exactly like the players on the field but they can at least improve them. I mean can we at least get them to look like they belong on a Last Gen console let alone Current Gen. They still look like cardboard cutouts. I'm tired of trying to ignore looking at the sidelines when I play because it totally kills the immersion of the game seeing how crappy they look. Come on EA the cutsceens look cool but its almost 2011. Why can't we get the sidelines to look like they do in the cutsceens during gameplay? Don't give me that stuff about you have to sacrifice things to get the game to run at 60fps. Other sports games don't have that problem. Come on EA step your game up!
Old 06-17-2010, 09:03 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 3
Still no FLACK JACKETS or RUNNING BACK PLATES huh EA? Everything we see on Sunday right? You still don't have the 2 most common pieces of equipment worn in the NFL in the game? Come on EA. NCAA has them why doesn't Madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 12:22 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
1. Dawkins was not completely out of the play and still had a chance to make the tackle.
2. The lineman has his back turned to the so he does not know exactly where Gore is therefore he does not know that Brian Dawkins is taking himself out of the play he just assumes that he is trying to get around him to get a clear path to make the tackle.
3. The lineman could have a low awareness rating.
4. It happens in real life.

Now if linemen make that decision in that situation everytime then we may have a problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »