Home

NBA 2K10 vs. NBA Live 10 BattleGround 2010: Round 4

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 vs. NBA Live 10 BattleGround 2010: Round 4 within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2010, 04:26 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 1
What you fail to realize Czar is that all this effort you exhaust does nothing more than substantiate your own beliefs and those of your deciples. What your doing amounts to nothing more than comparing Vanilla to Chocolate ice cream and asking which is better.

It doesn't matter if 2k has some content that Live may not have or vice versa. What you fail to address is personal preferance. I prefer Lives style of play and presentation over 2k and it is as simple as that. I could care less about which game has more animations in the paint or which game's Kobe looks better.

As far as I am concerned EA is the only basketball game that actually is improving with each year while I feel 2k is the same game as it was back in 2k7. I didn't like how it controlled then and I still don't. So really in sumation your efforts on these videos are a complete waste of time. All you are doing is preaching to the choir and those who, like me prefer Live, will certainly not have a change of heart based on your videos.

Sorry but epic fail to you Czar. Question: Do you actually think any 2k fans will switch to elite, even if elite is proven to be far superior to 2k11............................................it s rhetorical Czar but we both know the answer to that question, don't we.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:58 PM   #18
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
What's happening Daley7199 ? I see you don't enjoy the battleground series. Definitely not a problem. Thanks for your concern on how I spend my time. I think you may be missing the reason behind these videos. They are not meant to sway anyone. In fact the users at OS are some of the MOST knowledgeable anywhere in the world. No one's review means more to them than their own.

There is nothing else of substance to really respond to that you wrote. Thanks for watching the show though.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:21 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3
i think czar does a good job of objectively looking at both games. i believe actually the live team got with him for live 10 to get his opinion on a few things for their game as well. so i dont believe he is a 2k fan boy. neither am i but there really is no denying the fact that 2k has been a better game than live hands down for at least five years now. if u 'prefer' live than so be it, but i think your in the minority on that one buddy
Old 06-17-2010, 06:27 PM   #20
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA 2K10 vs. NBA Live 10 BattleGround 2010: Round 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by daley7199
What you fail to realize Czar is that all this effort you exhaust does nothing more than substantiate your own beliefs and those of your deciples. What your doing amounts to nothing more than comparing Vanilla to Chocolate ice cream and asking which is better.

It doesn't matter if 2k has some content that Live may not have or vice versa. What you fail to address is personal preferance. I prefer Lives style of play and presentation over 2k and it is as simple as that. I could care less about which game has more animations in the paint or which game's Kobe looks better.

As far as I am concerned EA is the only basketball game that actually is improving with each year while I feel 2k is the same game as it was back in 2k7. I didn't like how it controlled then and I still don't. So really in sumation your efforts on these videos are a complete waste of time. All you are doing is preaching to the choir and those who, like me prefer Live, will certainly not have a change of heart based on your videos.

Sorry but epic fail to you Czar. Question: Do you actually think any 2k fans will switch to elite, even if elite is proven to be far superior to 2k11............................................it s rhetorical Czar but we both know the answer to that question, don't we.
These shows arent about swaying, and has really become a pretty popular favorite show here on the site.

I think that the claims of most authentic is best put to the test in these videos and you see the level of detail in one or the other as a result. Videogame site reviews never go into this much meat and potatoes of what the games bring, shoot as you can read some people didnt even know you could do the backdown without the ball in the post, etc...

Point being, its hardly a waste of time and it should be things we consider when delving into the conversations we have here when we're asking for this or that in games from what we see on tv.

After all, we all want that virtual guy,arena,gm task, crowd, etc. to be pretty close enough to give us a surreal experience dont we?
Old 06-17-2010, 07:23 PM   #21
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18
Nice videos Czar! Been waiting to see round 4 get posted up, and you managed to show me a lot that I have not attempted or seen in 2K10 since I have been playing, makes me want to pick up and try all these mechanics out. Great vids man all of them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2010, 08:29 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
What's happening Daley7199 ? I see you don't enjoy the battleground series. Definitely not a problem. Thanks for your concern on how I spend my time. I think you may be missing the reason behind these videos. They are not meant to sway anyone. In fact the users at OS are some of the MOST knowledgeable anywhere in the world. No one's review means more to them than their own.

There is nothing else of substance to really respond to that you wrote. Thanks for watching the show though.
Perhaps I just don't understand the point of the "Show". What exactly are you trying to accomplish with this battleground? Not trying to offend, I am just growing weary of all this rediculous comparisons of two basketball games that are clearly succuessful and that clearly have there own fan base.

I am tired of 2k supporters who on the one hand cry a foul how EA has cornered the market on football and shut 2k out then come back and rail how 2k should be the only basketball game and that EA isn't worthy. Its completely hypochritical.

Both games have there strengths and weakness's. Comparing the two games is useless, unless you want to compare tangible facts like customer support and actual game functionality out of the box. All the rest is artistic impression and style.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:32 PM   #23
Strategy

OVR: 36
Czar - what's up playa! I see dayley7199 got a little hurt...but most of the live and 2k fans appreciate the videos. If we didn't, we wouldn't watch them, and we surely wouldn't waste our time commenting. If I were to watch more than one of your videos, and comment negatively, I'd ask Steve_OS to change my user name to *****. Pure and simple, if you don't like it...don't watch it...surely don't watch it all.

Anyway, both live and 2k fans admit that both games are different, one more advanced in most areas, but both still solid games. I purchase both each year, so I can make that comment.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

peace
Old 06-17-2010, 08:43 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
These shows arent about swaying, and has really become a pretty popular favorite show here on the site.

I think that the claims of most authentic is best put to the test in these videos and you see the level of detail in one or the other as a result. Videogame site reviews never go into this much meat and potatoes of what the games bring, shoot as you can read some people didnt even know you could do the backdown without the ball in the post, etc...

Point being, its hardly a waste of time and it should be things we consider when delving into the conversations we have here when we're asking for this or that in games from what we see on tv.

After all, we all want that virtual guy,arena,gm task, crowd, etc. to be pretty close enough to give us a surreal experience dont we?
First off we ARE talking about video games so lets use the term "Authentic Sparingly" In fact the only persons qualified to judge on Authenticity would be a real NBA player. Aside from authenticity there are far more crucial factors that come into play. Lets take for instance how 2k has been releasing virtually the same game since 2k7. Is it acceptable to charge 60$ for a glorified roster update? Lets talk about how a major part of the game was non functional out of the box ( online play). Lets talk about how 2k has some of the worst support in the business. None of this show up in these showdown videos.

I'm sorry but as far as I am concerned 2k has done nothing to improve upon this game over the past few years and I refuse to pay 60$ for poor quality, poor customer support, and a game that amounts to a glorified roster change.

I will stick with EA b/c IMHO they are actually making strides to improve the game and they actually are making substantial changes to the game and this year is a testament to that dedication. EA fans have alot to look forward to and I am sure we will have alot to be happy about. For 2k fans, well, You have Mike Wang back................You have Jordan on your box art......................so basically you will be playing 2k7 again with jordan in the game............................OH, I am so excited.................NOT!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »