Home

Madden NFL 11 Videos: Colts vs. Chargers (Pastapadre)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Videos: Colts vs. Chargers (Pastapadre) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2010, 04:57 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Pasta Padre Madden Video Set 2

I could have sworn I saw DE getting up field... but 0 interior penetration.

sigh oh well.

You have earned my respect.

4-6-09
Old 06-17-2010, 04:57 PM   #18
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

I honestly think this game looks good. Granted I haven't played Madden 10 in about 7 months now but Im liking the way this game is shaping up. Looking forward to playing this game.
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-17-2010, 05:23 PM   #19
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lint
I could have sworn I saw DE getting up field... but 0 interior penetration.

sigh oh well.
Haven't seen all the vids yet, but if you're referring to the Colts that's probably because they don't have a big-time interior presence. Their strength is on the edges, always has been. I see it as a good thing, because last year, the pressure and sacks came from interior guys and the pocket was really lacking.

I don't know if you've had a chance, but there's a great thread going on with curvise who was actually at E3 and got some hands on time with the game. On page 2 he goes through how big matchups are and highly rated interior guys like Jamal Williams were able to collapse the pocket.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-e3-hands.html
Old 06-17-2010, 05:25 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

all they did is grabbed madden 10 and added game flow crap,but they better fix the bloody flats!!!!! and add some new plays in the freaking game
Old 06-17-2010, 05:37 PM   #21
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Does anyone know what the difficulty level was? It looked way too easy to move upfield. In the last video - the end of the 4th quarter, when the game is Colts 29 - Chargers 28 - there is a banner, which shows that the Chargers are 2 for 3 on 3rd downs! No team should be able to score 28 points and only have 3 3rd downs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2010, 05:44 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

what i could see out of those few videos:

The good:
-CB backpeddling seems to be improved
-commentary not a huge jump but better
-some routes like out routes were possible to hit
-the Praying fans ^^

The Bad
-Still too many tackle animations that allow a RB to fall forward
-Player height completely off in Cutscenes.. RBs as big as QBs ...
-Every Receiver is getting open (i hope they played on pro^^)
-Players are sliding over the field especially the real fast ones (Sanders is making one step but moves as if he has made 2.)
-All players have the same leg movement frequence no matter how fast they are^^ (3rd video @ 0:46 look @ sanders and the other defenders)

The Worst
-360 catch is back:
- a Power pass over the middle is catched with a 360 catch that should be uncatchable without lobbing it
-1st video 1:25

My conclusion so far:the 360 is back a catch i hated that was in 09 and should never return. they just can't get over the point that you have to use different pass types for different situations not everything can be catched . Passing still overpowered no need to run the ball thats a no buy so far for me
Old 06-17-2010, 06:10 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Wow, I am surprised at all the negativity about these videos. I was extremely impressed with what I saw. Now, keep in mind, I haven't liked Madden in years. I started to dig last years' game, and I played it plenty. A few years back, remember when Ian came out very late in the game and informed us that there were no CPU sliders, and he admitted knowing about it for months but didn't know how to break it to us. I think Bill Abner had to find out for himself before Ian said anything about it.....well I was so p'd off that I threw a tantrum on these boards and got sent to my room for awhile... so remember, I am very skeptical about Madden.

But, I gotta say, these vids look great! The cut scenes are fantastic- on point, relevant, and a lot of new ones. Gus Johnson, while still a work in progress, really gives me goosebumps with his enthusiasm. If they can get him to talk more pre-snap and use more last names and such, the commentary is gonna be great...a huge step up from Hammonds. The sideline catches look good- that one where the Colts almost caught it in bounds was sick! The replays are a nice touch as well....it really looked like a TV broadcast the way the replays are being shown. Excellent job EA. The gameplay, while not perfect, looks much better...you can tell these guys are playing on rookie, but you can still tell that they fixed a lot of things that bothered us in the past. Also, the faces look really really good.

You guys gotta give some credit where credit is due. Don't be a *****, this game is looking very nice. I am going into this season with a positive outlook and I will give EA another chance....they are making some nice strides here and I acknowledge that.

Now- GO LAKERS tonight!
Old 06-17-2010, 06:17 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 49

Lol, at the end of video six, the guy lined it up almost perfect, had 99% kick power, and 100% accuracy aprox. Id be ok if it was a little short...but that thing was like 15-20 yards short,lol. 99% is a 34 yard kick(since it was short 20)?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »