Home

NBA 2K11 First Look (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 First Look (Gamespot) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2010, 04:59 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K11 First Look (Gamespot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
I'm more concerned with what is in bold more so than authentic play sets. I'm hoping something is done about that 1st.

IMO it would be a huge fail if MJ is not playable in the game. With the exception of College Sports games and Madden before NFL players were on the cover I can't think of any sports game that did not have the cover guy as a useable character. That would be a waste of a golden opportunity.
On so many levels
Old 06-17-2010, 05:04 PM   #18
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Yay, 2K8-ish controls. They never should've changed it to the two-trigger BS.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:14 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0

the control on 2k , and the play sets/speeds are what I'm most interested in.

If i cant control my player again and have no clue as to what move im doing or whats going to happen then im not even going to waste my time with the game.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:31 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
This is MAJOR news for me. People thought I was talking crazy about how terrible iso-motion (funny how defensive people can be when biased for something) is but, obviously, 2K is pretty much admitting as much but with more tact. If they can get this new control to be intuitive (c'mon, just do what's in Live 10. Mike Wang helped get that together) AND fix the animation system by doing what Fifa does, they will get my dollars this year.
Elite 11 has me excited, as well, but 2K sounds like they are getting off their duffs, as well, and realizing that just presentation, animations and graphics doesn't make gameplay any better.

I'm excited that the talk from 2k this year seems to be about core gameplay. As cool as Draft Combine and My Player mode was/is... I felt that gameplay itself was sort of neglected last year. This year sounds very promising, it seems like 2k feels a bit of urgency to improve their game, instead of just polishing the presentation.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:18 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Just mentioning 2K7 and 2K8 should please many people here.
I would have gladly paid $60 bucks for a roster update to 2k8 instead of the last two versions of the game.

Being able to play ranked games online at the hall of fame level and the 2k8 online lobby would have made it worth it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 02:07 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
This is MAJOR news for me. People thought I was talking crazy about how terrible iso-motion (funny how defensive people can be when biased for something) is but, obviously, 2K is pretty much admitting as much but with more tact. If they can get this new control to be intuitive (c'mon, just do what's in Live 10. Mike Wang helped get that together) AND fix the animation system by doing what Fifa does, they will get my dollars this year.
Elite 11 has me excited, as well, but 2K sounds like they are getting off their duffs, as well, and realizing that just presentation, animations and graphics doesn't make gameplay any better.
Totally agree.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:50 AM   #23
Rookie

Imaking332's Arena

OVR: 5

This is what competition does to you, it gives you an increased urgency to improve the weak areas of the game, unlike madden who continues to runaway from their main problems
Old 06-18-2010, 05:26 AM   #24
Pro

Pitfighter87's Arena

OVR: 10

I hope iso motion isnt completley changed.I hope it stays the way it is as far as the way you perform moves but just a big improvement as far as response.I love my shot stick and hate Lives dribble system.I think 2k knows what their doin and for the most part it sounds like their on the right track.Cant wait

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »