Home

NBA 2K10 vs. NBA Live 10 BattleGround 2010: Round 4

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 vs. NBA Live 10 BattleGround 2010: Round 4 within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2010, 01:58 AM   #25
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA 2K10 vs. NBA Live 10 BattleGround 2010: Round 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by daley7199
First off we ARE talking about video games so lets use the term "Authentic Sparingly" In fact the only persons qualified to judge on Authenticity would be a real NBA player. Aside from authenticity there are far more crucial factors that come into play. Lets take for instance how 2k has been releasing virtually the same game since 2k7. Is it acceptable to charge 60$ for a glorified roster update? Lets talk about how a major part of the game was non functional out of the box ( online play). Lets talk about how 2k has some of the worst support in the business. None of this show up in these showdown videos.

I'm sorry but as far as I am concerned 2k has done nothing to improve upon this game over the past few years and I refuse to pay 60$ for poor quality, poor customer support, and a game that amounts to a glorified roster change.

I will stick with EA b/c IMHO they are actually making strides to improve the game and they actually are making substantial changes to the game and this year is a testament to that dedication. EA fans have alot to look forward to and I am sure we will have alot to be happy about. For 2k fans, well, You have Mike Wang back................You have Jordan on your box art......................so basically you will be playing 2k7 again with jordan in the game............................OH, I am so excited.................NOT!

Im no 2k police or anything but for the fact that you're sitting here vouching for a company that released the worst basketball game ever in Live 2007, a terrible game in Live 2008, a stiff game with limited animations in live 09 and a broke game in Live 10 along with burning fans with a ridiculous game in NCAA 10 that got no patch that freezes on everybody and got no answer from EA...

This tells me sir that quality doesnt mean the same to me and you.

I dont care what game it is, as long as its good, but its laughable that you're sitting here telling us about quality when 2k is selling millions while EA is changing their name and bringing in a hockey guy to try to get people to like their game again.

Im sorry man, but these posts are completely ridiculous to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 03:29 AM   #26
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by daley7199
First off we ARE talking about video games so lets use the term "Authentic Sparingly" In fact the only persons qualified to judge on Authenticity would be a real NBA player. Aside from authenticity there are far more crucial factors that come into play. Lets take for instance how 2k has been releasing virtually the same game since 2k7. Is it acceptable to charge 60$ for a glorified roster update? Lets talk about how a major part of the game was non functional out of the box ( online play). Lets talk about how 2k has some of the worst support in the business. None of this show up in these showdown videos.

I'm sorry but as far as I am concerned 2k has done nothing to improve upon this game over the past few years and I refuse to pay 60$ for poor quality, poor customer support, and a game that amounts to a glorified roster change.

I will stick with EA b/c IMHO they are actually making strides to improve the game and they actually are making substantial changes to the game and this year is a testament to that dedication. EA fans have alot to look forward to and I am sure we will have alot to be happy about. For 2k fans, well, You have Mike Wang back................You have Jordan on your box art......................so basically you will be playing 2k7 again with jordan in the game............................OH, I am so excited.................NOT!
The Battleground is pretty much a comparison to see which game provides more of a sim experience...so he is merely going into depth at what both games have to offer and how close to the actual NBA they are, this pretty much a compare and contrast video, it's as simple as that. If personal preferences where implemented into these videos then they wouldn't be worth a watch since it would only lead to a bash fest on one company in which you are doing, I think Czar is giving some pretty good unbiased opinions about each game when comparing them against each other to what we see in the real NBA.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:17 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 8

The thing is the AI CPU doesn't do many of these things in 2K10. For example fronting the post, give-and-go and I believe even the touch pass.
What's the point of having it in the game when the CPU doesn't even use it?
I made a list here of what the AI CPU never uses in the game:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ever-uses.html
Old 06-20-2010, 10:25 AM   #28
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
The thing is the AI CPU doesn't do many of these things in 2K10. For example fronting the post, give-and-go and I believe even the touch pass.
What's the point of having it in the game when the CPU doesn't even use it?
I made a list here of what the AI CPU never uses in the game:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ever-uses.html
Bearschicago what up man ? Yeah the main point was that these were options available to the user in off-ball situations. Also if you play online and your not the primary ballhandler you have some other stuff you can do as oppossed to running around waiting to shoot.

I agree I would love to see the cpu use them more often I am sure once you have them in its just a programming and tuning thing to get them to trigger.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 06-20-2010, 04:27 PM   #29
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
One thing that worries me is that some of last years reviewers scored the games too closely if you start talking about the stuff I pointed out plus association plus NBA today plus my player I have no idea how a reviewer could have these two games for 2010 so close.
NBA Today? Has the mighty Czar made an error and forgot about Live's Dynamic Season? I'm pretty sure NBA Today didn't mix the games you played with the real life standings either but I might've missed something there.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:56 PM   #30
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
NBA Today? Has the mighty Czar made an error and forgot about Live's Dynamic Season? I'm pretty sure NBA Today didn't mix the games you played with the real life standings either but I might've missed something there.
What's up Goh ? NBA today in comparision with live is actually 2 features. There is the competition with dynamic season with the nba today ability to play a game a day. That is not the part I'm talking about.

There is also the presentation /commentary portion that you could compare with lives "storyline" feature. Nba today from a presentation standpoint was an amazing accomplishment and the single line storyline in live in no way competes with the Beast that is nba today presentation and commentary.

Did you play dymanic season ? It really didn't work too well. The concept was hottness though.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 06-20-2010, 06:26 PM   #31
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Yah I get what you're sayin' now but it's still the same overall deal to me. NBA Today has the commentary stuff but it's really an exhibition game. Not sure how far you could go back with it either.

I played Dynamic Season up until the trade deadline as I had been focusing on the Clippers and they traded away Camby and Thornton hence messing things up on me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2010, 11:26 PM   #32
Rookie

bluemj32's Arena

OVR: 3

Not sure about lives dynamic season but the NBA today is not just in exhibition games. I also though when I first but it it was only exhibition but its actually in your association as well, where stat overlays of your next opponent appear, stats during the regular season, statistics and commentary about previous games and more. It really set the tone and standard on how every games presentation and commentary should be handled. If you haven't tried it rent a copy and you'll be surprised.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »