Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Hands-On Demo With Phil Frazier (G4TV)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Hands-On Demo With Phil Frazier (G4TV) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2010, 10:17 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Hands-On Demo With Phil Frazier (G4TV)

locomotion looks great. the player movement makes this game look so much different from last year. i have seen so many new things in the gameplay that make me think that EA does listen and strive to really make the game better .

From the sideline catches to the new blocking and locomotion. madden 11 is looking fantastic
Old 06-18-2010, 10:24 AM   #10
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28

They better hope the demo is good to me, because right now, i'm keeping my 60
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Old 06-18-2010, 11:32 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 15

Unfortunately I just can't get excited anymore about the game because the one thing that we wanted (improved franchise) isn't happening until next year.

Heck I don't even know if they fixed IR, CPU v CPU injuries, and the like. For all we know all that is still broken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 12:10 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

Phil said something about the player not having to worry about calling a nickel vs. a dime. If anything, I think that's where Gameflow, like Ask Madden before it, fails completely (as it's in the NCAA demo, at any rate) . Even if an offense is coming out in a 3 or 4 receiver set, Gameflow will generally give you a base defense (4-3 or 3-4) to call.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:15 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checmate101
I agree 154%. I'm not planning on getting Madden this year unless I hear it's great from a majority of OS followers.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:23 PM   #14
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

OK,who besides a young kid playing Madden doesnt know what a nickel and dime defense are?I dont understand someone with limited to no basic football familiarity wanting to play Madden,a FOOTBALL game!

I know he was talking about Gameflow and it's an option that I dont have to use or can load myself with Gameplan but here is my point.The powers that be at EA are always trying to add gamers that arent that interested or knowledgeable in NFL football to their Madden yearly consumer base.If successful,that means every year they have to continue to cater to these same people to keep them.So every year the focus is less about making a better NFL football game but about making it simpler.It's a slippery slope and this causes the game to lose any balance to it.

If Im only a little bit interested in a game the best way to get me to try that game is to impress me visually first.Make the graphics and presentation catch and hold my attention like it's a tv broadcast or movie.Then get me to buy it by doing such a good job on the gameplay that the realism of the game along with the atmosphere immerses me and I want to take it home.

Golf games are great example of what Im talking about.I have never played real golf only seen it on tv.A golf game on the wii is a very enjoyable experience and the more realistic the game,the more interested I am.I am a casual PGA gamer but I would only buy a golf game that is the most realistic.I dont expect to master swings or club types day one that's what practice modes and difficulty settings are for.

Guess I just needed to get that off my chest,holla.

Last edited by tlc12576; 06-18-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:30 PM   #15
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNYGx
I agree 154%. I'm not planning on getting Madden this year unless I hear it's great from a majority of OS followers.
why is renting not an option for you guys? Its seems like on OS its Im buying it or not. After NCAA 10, madden 09/10, MLB 2K(every year), I got game-fly and i wont be purchasing anything from these companies. I literally felt "ripped off" by these games too many times, and enough is enough. I wont be "buying" any of these features they are offering, and im sure as heck not paying for any boosts or online gimmicks. The truth is, NCAA, MAdden, whoever, can add whatever they want, but until they surpass espn nfl2k5, whatever they add, isnt going to be worth 60 bucks. I payed 29 bucks for the greatest football game to date, why would I pay 60 for 1/4th the quality, 6 years later?

Chew on this, i just thought of this, i know its not really on topic but its true, the last competition madden had was in 2004 with espn 2k5, we are now 6 years later and madden hasnt caught up. At the rate they are going, its not unrealistic to think that 3 to 4 years from now they still wont be caught up. If thats true, a 10 year old game will still be better than madden. How crazy is that? Try it for another genre. Lets take a baseball game that came out in spring of 2000 and compare it to the show, or take a shooter and compare in to Modern warfare. I bet the results would be crazy. Its almost unbelievable that after 6 years we can even remember another game. Madden has had NFL football to its own for 6 years and superstar is broke, online franchise is broke, presentation is waaaaaay subpar and not resembling a real telecast. There are limited cutscenes, they introduced "gang tackling" finally after 5 years, I mean man, its crazy when you lay it all out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 12:30 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checmate101
No you're not. Let's be real..... one way or another you're getting Madden 11.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »