Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Hands-On Demo With Phil Frazier (G4TV)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Hands-On Demo With Phil Frazier (G4TV) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2010, 01:35 PM   #25
Rookie

Shawnj86's Arena

OVR: 16
looks ok to me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 01:48 PM   #26
Banned

N@X_WiZaRD's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Hands-On Demo With Phil Frazier (G4TV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davep
Actually, that was the best gameplay footage I've seen yet.

I always laugh when they say John Madden came in and pointed out the Gameflow thing. Really?
They keep on changing the story, lol. In the Game Informer preview, Ian said they got the Gameflow idea from a random developer who suggested it during one of their meetings. Initially, everyone thought it was a "stupid" idea and laughed at him. But after examining the idea more, they had a magical change of heart and decided to make it the main feature of this year. So the idea went from "laughibly stupid" to "brilliant" in a span of days.

It's a hilarious reason, which I'm guessing why they're switching their story to the more romantic "We asked Madden to help us" version.

Last edited by N@X_WiZaRD; 06-18-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:05 PM   #27
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by celg35
please!!!!!! everyone on this sight is getting madden. The gamer looks so much better than year. the gameplay looks better. Franchise?????? really ........that can't be the deal breaker on why you guys dont buy madden.

everyone jumps on the backbreaker band wagon, and that game has absolutely no franchise.

i think the game has shown much improvement from last year. From the vids i have seen so far, i think a good game fixed alot of the issues that hindered it from last year.

i think the game show a lot of promise
I didn't know Pantherbeast had a little brother.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:15 PM   #28
Rookie

FroznYogurt's Arena

OVR: 24
The presentation looks phenomenal, but the gameplay, especially the tackling and animations look awful.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:45 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I think it looks great, gameplay and graphics both, can't wait for August 10th. The helmets especially look really good this year. The only thing I didn't like was seeing the Giants march down on my Cowboys and score. I'll be changing that this August though!!
Old 06-18-2010, 02:52 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 4
Thumbs up Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Hands-On Demo With Phil Frazier (G4TV)

im getting this for ps1 fo sho
Old 06-18-2010, 03:31 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 18

Who is pantherbeast? I know u guys want franchise for replay value, but what about just enjoying the core game and play a season with one or two teams.I very rarely play a game for more than 3 months. Personally for me, if your playing 5 seasons with one team, u have a lot of time on your hands.
If its just gameplay u want, then Madden 11 will not disapoint. I guess I just appreciate the games progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 03:59 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
why is renting not an option for you guys? Its seems like on OS its Im buying it or not. After NCAA 10, madden 09/10, MLB 2K(every year), I got game-fly and i wont be purchasing anything from these companies. I literally felt "ripped off" by these games too many times, and enough is enough. I wont be "buying" any of these features they are offering, and im sure as heck not paying for any boosts or online gimmicks. The truth is, NCAA, MAdden, whoever, can add whatever they want, but until they surpass espn nfl2k5, whatever they add, isnt going to be worth 60 bucks. I payed 29 bucks for the greatest football game to date, why would I pay 60 for 1/4th the quality, 6 years later?

Chew on this, i just thought of this, i know its not really on topic but its true, the last competition madden had was in 2004 with espn 2k5, we are now 6 years later and madden hasnt caught up. At the rate they are going, its not unrealistic to think that 3 to 4 years from now they still wont be caught up. If thats true, a 10 year old game will still be better than madden. How crazy is that? Try it for another genre. Lets take a baseball game that came out in spring of 2000 and compare it to the show, or take a shooter and compare in to Modern warfare. I bet the results would be crazy. Its almost unbelievable that after 6 years we can even remember another game. Madden has had NFL football to its own for 6 years and superstar is broke, online franchise is broke, presentation is waaaaaay subpar and not resembling a real telecast. There are limited cutscenes, they introduced "gang tackling" finally after 5 years, I mean man, its crazy when you lay it all out there.
I made a post about a week ago basically mimicking exactly what you said here. I agree 100%.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »