Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Jets vs. Patriots (OS @ E3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Jets vs. Patriots (OS @ E3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2010, 04:10 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 11 Video: Jets vs. Patriots (OS @ E3)

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 04:17 PM   #2
Rookie

jehrenfried's Arena

OVR: 1
Jets are stacked
Old 06-18-2010, 04:27 PM   #3
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Jets vs. Patriots (OS @ E3)

Well, we prayed and hoped and wished they wouldn't do it, but they've done it...they've made Gus Johnson's commentary as atrocious as Hammond's.

"This one's coming back!" Really Gus? Because usually when a team scores a touchdown and there's a penalty against the defense the offense DECLINES the penalty and takes the points. But why didn't you say that? Oh, is it because the programmers who control what you say and when you say it are not capable of putting together a solid commentary package? That's the big question, and I think I have my answer.

Old 06-18-2010, 05:14 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 25

Thanks Steve...

Great to see my pats finally....But, with every new E3 vid i watch, i am liking it less and less.

Gus is indeed Hammond 2.0

What the heck happened? Seriously?

Old 06-18-2010, 05:17 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 5

He said "This one should be coming back"

Commentator didn't even see what happened
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 06:55 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Masta J
Well, we prayed and hoped and wished they wouldn't do it, but they've done it...they've made Gus Johnson's commentary as atrocious as Hammond's.

"This one's coming back!" Really Gus? Because usually when a team scores a touchdown and there's a penalty against the defense the offense DECLINES the penalty and takes the points. But why didn't you say that? Oh, is it because the programmers who control what you say and when you say it are not capable of putting together a solid commentary package? That's the big question, and I think I have my answer.
"... he dumps it out left..."

"...passes it downfield..."

"... he scrambles away from defenders..."

The dead air is sickening, and there is no player identification on any lines. What's worse is that those are being announced as primary lines for first actions, not secondary... primary. That's unbelievable. It's the same problem as before, all they did was insert a new voice

If you listen closely to the video at about :58 seconds, you can hear another game in the background where Gus says "gives to the tailback". This is the same line that Tom Hammond had. I've never heard a commentator for the NFL use the term "tailback". I've only ever heard that term used by Collegiate broadcasters during Collegiate games and it sounds really out-of-place in an NFL game. I'll even go so far as to say, that if it is being used for NFL games, it's not being used often and certainly not by any major national broadcasting teams.

I'm starting to question just how much rewriting was actually done, if any at all. You can see how they don't really understand these little intricacies that help it sound more authentic, and why their mistakes are killing authenticity... then you look at players and some of their skintone are like 5 shades lighter in Madden than in real life... you look at Joseph Addai and he looks more like Andre Reed. How do you not notice that?

I'm sure Gus doesn't know this is happening with the commentary. Someone on the outside needs to let him know just how badly he's being represented. It's really unfair to Gus.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:00 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
"... he dumps it out left..."

"...passes it downfield..."

"... he scrambles away from defenders..."

The dead air is sickening, and there is no player identification on any lines. What's worse is that those are being announced as primary lines for first actions, not secondary... primary. That's unbelievable. It's the same problem as before, all they did was insert a new voice

If you listen closely to the video at about :58 seconds, you can hear another game in the background where Gus says "gives to the tailback". This is the same line that Tom Hammond had. I've never heard a commentator for the NFL use the term "tailback". I've only ever heard that term used by Collegiate broadcasters during Collegiate games and it sounds really out-of-place in an NFL game. I'll even go so far as to say, that if it is being used for NFL games, it's not being used often and certainly not by any major national broadcasting teams.

I'm starting to question just how much rewriting was actually done, if any at all. You can see how they don't really understand these little intricacies that help it sound more authentic, and why their mistakes are killing authenticity... then you look at players and some of their skintone are like 5 shades lighter in Madden than in real life... you look at Joseph Addai and he looks more like Andre Reed. How do you not notice that?

I'm sure Gus doesn't know this is happening with the commentary. Someone on the outside needs to let him know just how badly he's being represented. It's really unfair to Gus.
When you went to CD, do you remember if Gus used real names or not, and if their was deadspace at the beginning of every play. If not, then it might not be Gus or the script writers, but the editors themself, which is truly sad, removing solid announcing and replace it with mediocre announcing.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:05 PM   #8
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Masta J

I think you're right. I quoted gabs485, I think he agrees with you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »