Home

MLB 11 The Show to Launch in 3D

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show to Launch in 3D within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2010, 04:00 PM   #9
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
itd be a pain to wear over my glasses since i only wear them when i play games but this would be a cool thing if i had a 3d tv. But thatd be crazy to see the spin on the ball and get the depth of the field. Add to that surround sound and its almost as if we're getting to that idea we all had in our heads of what video games would look like in 2011. I think this would be a great thing for those who could afford it, the tv that is. It'll be cool for me in about 3 years when 3d tv's get low enough in price.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:15 PM   #10
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: 'MLB 11: The Show' to launch in 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard
agreed. i wouldnt even try to play a game while having to wear 3d glasses. There is a reason jaws 3d was terrible. imo the focus should be on fine tuning the game rather than implementing madden like new features

Have you ever seen an IMAX movie?
Old 06-18-2010, 07:38 PM   #11
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: MLB 11 The Show to Launch in 3D

Jaws 3d?
Did I really see a Jaws 3d reference?! That was 1983!
HOT TUB TIME MACHINE!
I think we may have just progressed SLIGHTLY in the last 28 years with technology.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 07:53 PM   #12
The Legend Continues

Happy29's Arena

OVR: 31

There is a MLB 10 the Show 3d demo available in the playstation store. And I'm sure the game won't only be in 3d but give you the option of playing in 3d if you have a capable tv.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:09 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 60

Don't see this being productive for Sony (game video wise) as I don't see people going out to get a 3D capable t.v. just to play the game, nor am I sure people who will be buying this new expensive gizmo are gamers (baseball gamers)? Don't know, but I guess they have to launch some time, so might as well be now.

I'm not into wearing the glasses over my glasses. I thought AVATAR looked better in just HD on the BluRay than it did in the theatre in 3D.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:17 PM   #14
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

While I probably won't be 3D ready by the time 11 comes out, I like the addition. I would imagine from a development standpoint it won't detract to much from more direct game features and based on the 3D demo they showed awhile back, I think they've already been priming for it.

I just don't want to see it in 3D until I'm ready to make the switch...lol. That's how HD held my wallet hostage when it first got going. I would hate for HD to become what SD became for me.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:55 PM   #15
Pro

spitoon's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
While I probably won't be 3D ready by the time 11 comes out, I like the addition. I would imagine from a development standpoint it won't detract to much from more direct game features and based on the 3D demo they showed awhile back, I think they've already been priming for it.

I just don't want to see it in 3D until I'm ready to make the switch...lol. That's how HD held my wallet hostage when it first got going. I would hate for HD to become what SD became for me.
I think the guys that went to the community day would be better equipped to answer this, but I'm sure they have different departments working on different aspects of the game. Its not as though they have everyone in the studio working on 3D at the expense of all other parts of the game. They will still have focus on game play, front end, audio, stadium graphics, lighting etc...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 11:17 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 15

What if they have a limited budget and can a couple game designers so they can hire a couple of 3D guys? Just a thought.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »