Home

NHL 11 Video: Behind Closed Doors Interview

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Video: Behind Closed Doors Interview within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2010, 08:18 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NHL 11 Video: Behind Closed Doors Interview

The five man celebration + Modin gloving the guys on the bench sent me into a frenzy of excitement. That is superb production value right there. That's enough to buy the game for me. The physics system is looking great too. It looks like another fantastic year of NHL!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 10:15 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: NHL 11 Behind Closed Doors Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck
That's still just a work around and not an excuse for a lack of fixing it... I don't remember NHL 09 having the crazy cycle passing madness (i.e. where they pass it to someone open in the slot and he passes it back)
I wasn't at all trying to say it was an excuse, or that I wouldn't like to see it addressed, as QB pointed out, the team is aware its an issue that needs work. I was more quashing one of those "comeback logic" thread derailments before it got started. I think we had enough of that last year, what with baa having the gall to essentially try to convince an actual dev of the game that he was wrong and he knew for a fact that there was comeback this, and cheating ai that after repetedly being told there is no such code in the game.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:19 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: NHL 11 Behind Closed Doors Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
I wasn't at all trying to say it was an excuse, or that I wouldn't like to see it addressed, as QB pointed out, the team is aware its an issue that needs work. I was more quashing one of those "comeback logic" thread derailments before it got started. I think we had enough of that last year, what with baa having the gall to essentially try to convince an actual dev of the game that he was wrong and he knew for a fact that there was comeback this, and cheating ai that after repetedly being told there is no such code in the game.
Right, and I agree- the endless cycling never caused me to lose a game or anything- it's just I find it unrealistic and stupid looking. I felt like a fan at a game yelling "SHOOT!" In fact, I want the AI to punish me for leaving someone open in the slot (well the defensive AI is a whole other can of worms) rather than have ovechkin having the puck 10 ft away from the goalie and passing it back to some winger outside of the play.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:08 AM   #28
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Off topic, but just how freakin' tall is Rammer and how short is that interviewer?
Was Rammer in North Carolina recently? Dude's the size of a Bigfoot!
Rammer is tall... 6'9" or 6'10" maybe? You should've seen him on skates. I tried to stickhandle around him once during our on-ice scrimmage... didn't go too well.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:32 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 47

Damn that is tall!
Old 06-21-2010, 06:02 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
*Looks at calendar and sees there is still 3 months until September*

Way to blow my day... First the disappointment of the "new" NCAA TeamBuilder, then this reminder...

Where's my bowl?
Old 06-21-2010, 06:08 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Rammer is tall... 6'9" or 6'10" maybe? You should've seen him on skates. I tried to stickhandle around him once during our on-ice scrimmage... didn't go too well.
Yeah, that is tall... I am 6'4" and play forward my whole life, but was asked to fall back and play defense in my senior year because of my size.

Between the height, the long arms (I have long arms even for my height) and the longer stick I used for defesne, I cut off a lot of ice...

I cant even imagine how it must be trying to go around a guy with a reach like Rammer... gosh! It'd be easier to hail a cab and have it drive you around him.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »