Home

NCAA Football 11 Blog: No Huddle Offense

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Blog: No Huddle Offense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2010, 12:41 PM   #1
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17
NCAA Football 11 Blog: No Huddle Offense

Designer Larry Richart breaks down the No Huddle Offense in NCAA Football 11.

Quote:
"Hey there NCAA fans, we're back again with some more gameplay info for NCAA Football 11. We've had some very positive feedback from the demo as well as at E3 and can't wait for the game to hit the shelves in a few weeks. It's been a crazy world in college football as Nebraska and Colorado have left the Big 12 for the Big 10 and Pac-10 respectively. Now after all the dust has settled it looks like the Big 12 will remain intact for the most part and remain a strong conference with 10 teams. Despite these losses, the current Big 12 Conference will still have some of the most exciting offenses in the college game today. Some of that success can be directly attributed to the use of the No Huddle Offense. Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Missouri, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Baylor, and Iowa State all utilize the No Huddle offense and have put up huge offensive numbers over the past few seasons."
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 12:55 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: New No Huddle Offense Blog

LOL...i luv ncaa don't get me wrong, but if players are looking to the sideline, wouldn't it make sense to have a coach on the sideline calling plays?
Old 06-22-2010, 12:55 PM   #3
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

pretty good football read.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:09 PM   #4
Rookie

Lynx34's Arena

OVR: 4

Here's a list of things that I think could make this better.

1. There needs to be a setting to switch Triangle/Y from huddling to not huddling for teams that don't huddle more often than they do.

2. They also need the "looking to the sidelines" to occur for every audible, not just formation audibles.

3. They need to line up a tad slower. Even the most aggressive no-huddle teams don't sprint when they're lining up. It especially doesn't make sense that they line up before the call if it's not pre-determined. Here's what I'd suggest. 2 line-up speeds. One regular one that is moderate with players jogging downfield as you select the play and line up after the call. The second would be like in past years where they sprint to the line with a pre-defined play and then a second button press would activate the full playbook and they'd "look to the sidelines."

These three things would vastly improve what is currently in place and would balance it out quite a bit.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:11 PM   #5
Rookie

Michgantown's Arena

OVR: 7

Any one catch the 2 four verticals passes in those videos
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 01:21 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 16

Uhh, if there are only 2 types of tempos for No Huddle, than Michigan should be aggressive, if West Virginia is regular. I rarely see WVU hurry it up when I watch their games. Under RR they used to, but not anymore. However, Michigan seems to run a few different tempos. But, never use the full play clock. I normally seem Michigan use their fastest tempo and the medium tempo, with some of their slower tempo mixed in. They run the fastest tempo and medium tempo about the same amount of plays, but usually run alittle more of their fastest tempo.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:33 PM   #7
Pro

HokieB's Arena

OVR: 14

Don't no huddle teams look to the sideline on almost every play, regardless of if they're calling an audible or not?

It's my understanding that you will only get that animation when calling an audible. Is that realistic? VT is the furthest thing from a no huddle team, so I don't know.

Last edited by HokieB; 06-22-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:35 PM   #8
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne Jr
LOL...i luv ncaa don't get me wrong, but if players are looking to the sideline, wouldn't it make sense to have a coach on the sideline calling plays?
1 step at a time.... At least we got the look to sidelines...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »