Home

UFC Undisputed 2010 Patch Available For PS3 Users Only, 360 Users Have to Wait

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 2010 Patch Available For PS3 Users Only, 360 Users Have to Wait within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2010, 04:02 PM   #1
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19
UFC Undisputed 2010 Patch Available For PS3 Users Only, 360 Users Have to Wait

As most of you are well aware of our morning unexpected surprise with Sony Europe (SCEE) releasing the PS3 EU patch, I can now officially cofirm the NA patch is live as well. This means ALL PS3 UFC players world-wide can patch up and play against each other. While this is great for PS3 players as a welcome surprise, it is unfortunate for XBOX 360 players. We never release a patch for a system or region before it is ready for all, that is why this is unfortunate for 360 players. We do not control the green "GO" button, but we do co-manage the final process and communication with 1st party so that everyone is always aligned, makes sense right? =) We had no idea the Sony Europe PS3 patch would release and thus were caught off guard. Not until all patch versions (360 and PS3) have been approved, are any patches supposed to be released. That said, this is great for PS3 players whom were facing the brunt of online issues with the game, and while not fair, it is still good news in general for PS3 players.

So what does this mean for PS3 players?
  • All Playstation 3 players should be able to patch and play each other
And what about XBOX 360 players?
  • Unfortunately, Microsoft has no jurisdiction to speed up their processes in light of an early release of the PS3 patch. We can't force the XBOX 360 patch to come out any faster than was already planned per their approval and testing process. MSFT has had the patch for a week and all signs have pointed to their approval this week or early next which would then allow us to immedietly release, and that is currently still the plan.
  • We are informing MSFT about this situation, but it is unlikely their process will speed up as such. We're hopeful and confident it will remain on track andf they will approve as quickly as Sony is currently doing. We have to respect their processes.
This is an unfortunate situation for 360 players and yet a great situation for PS3 players, one that caught us completely off guard and is unquestionably out of our hands. The EU PS3 version of the patch was not to be released until all versions for PS3/X360 were approved and ready. Apologies to 360 players, three cheers to PS3 players, we will do everything in our power to get the X360 patch approved and out with MSFT.

Thanks for understanding, and to those who have downloaded the PS3 patch, we hope its being enjoyed thus far and starting to cure a lot of your online woes.

Of course, I will update with more info as soon as I have it.

-Tank

Source: UFC Patch Release Update - All PS3 patch versions live (UPDATED)

What's in the patch?
  • Changes Ranked and Player Match matchmaking to increase the success rate of joining online matches - applies to PS3 and X360.
  • Changes online point system so that players lose Ranked match points upon disconnecting from the match.
  • Removes instant takedowns. All takedowns now require a struggle.
  • Changes the Omoplata submission so fighters cannot cancel to a standing position.
  • Reduces the success rate of the AI when executing and defending submissions on higher difficulties.
  • Fixes CAF stats so they update correctly when moving to different weight divisions in Career mode.
  • Fixes a bug in Career in which the fighter is demoted to the WFA when he should not.
  • Career Fighters no longer keep their stats when copied to the Create A Fighter mode.
  • Career Fighters can no longer obtain stats of 100 in all categories (i.e. no Super CAFs)
Along with this patch deploy, we'll also be launching the Fight Camps, web stats, and tournament features on our website. We purposely held off on these with the patch timeline as we wanted to make sure the game was in a clean state that felt fair for everyone. I think you'll be pleased with the website integration.

Source: UFC Patch Update - highlight fixes + update
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 04:09 PM   #2
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: UFC 2010 PATCH IS LIVE FOR PS3 ONLY

Wow 360 users are getting hosed with this game. First, PS3 gets Severn, Gracie, and Pulver as extra fighters, now this. O well.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:21 PM   #3
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Meh 360 usually gets things first so Im not mad. If they submit both systems at the same time and one moves quicker than the other you cant be mad at that. And it gives me time until after I move to get back interested in the game.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:29 PM   #4
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Can someone with the PS3 version comment on submissions vs. AI? They said they were toning down the CPU's awesome advantage, but wondering how well that worked...

I've been working to learn the system more and am able to submit a bit more often, but it's not realistic (usually I have to beat the hell out of someone for 3 rounds at least to get a sub)
Old 06-22-2010, 04:58 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
Can someone with the PS3 version comment on submissions vs. AI? They said they were toning down the CPU's awesome advantage, but wondering how well that worked...

I've been working to learn the system more and am able to submit a bit more often, but it's not realistic (usually I have to beat the hell out of someone for 3 rounds at least to get a sub)
Actually I have a harder time getting a sub on the expert cpu. Also they changed the whole system significantly and I have yet to figure out what they did.
Tactics that worked before the patch (sub switching) don't work as well anymore. People at the official forum actually complain they are harder than before but that is hard to say.
The system has really been re-worked so one should let it grow and not bash it instantly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 05:10 PM   #6
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyor
Actually I have a harder time getting a sub on the expert cpu. Also they changed the whole system significantly and I have yet to figure out what they did.
Tactics that worked before the patch (sub switching) don't work as well anymore. People at the official forum actually complain they are harder than before but that is hard to say.
The system has really been re-worked so one should let it grow and not bash it instantly.
Ugh, thanks. There's a great thread on the official forum about submissions that I'm learning from, and still need to master, but submissions are much more rough this year vs. last year.

Hopefully once that thread guy (or someone else) analyze things they'll come up with something that works a bit better.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:18 PM   #7
Rookie

Shawnj86's Arena

OVR: 16
thanks
Old 06-22-2010, 05:21 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: UFC Undisputed 2010 Patch Available For PS3 Users Only, 360 Users Have to Wait

Anyone with the patch notice if you can still reverse at will?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »